SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Kay / Elk / El Maya Japanese 60s / 70s

I'm really after a nice Kay, particularly a Vanguard if anyone has one kicking about.

Would look at anything interesting from Japan in the 60s / 70s though, some of the designs were really appealing. 

Happy with a project. From cheap as chips up to around £600 tops. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/mvKfSH3CWiYf8CnTA

how's about a project Takeharu?  cheapo crud pickups but everything else is stock. few knocks and chips, the neck feels a tad loose in the pocket but I've not inspected it, I suspect the bolt holes in the neck need dowling and redrilling. 
    there's a crack beside the controls, unsure if just lacquer or anything deeper. 
    bought from this forum for £100, I'd like that back inc p&p, so all in. 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Believe it or not @Sarge I've had a Takaharu! An acoustic. 

Kiso Suzuki Takeharu WT-100 https://imgur.com/gallery/wcCIjb7

The horns on that remind me of a run in I had with a herd of buffalo in Kerala. 

Thank yout very much for the offer but I think I'll pass this time. 
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    No problem  that wt100 sure is pretty! 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Sarge said:
    No problem  that wt100 sure is pretty! 
    I got that from a lady in Chichester for £10. I told her it was worth more but she just wanted it to go to someone who would play it. 

It was filthy and the strings had been on it for at least 25 years. 

I really enjoyed cleaning it up and getting new strings on it. Very satisfying.

Must admit that I sold it after about a year, it looked great but didn't sound as good to my ears.