Wharfdale Amps???

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    I remember that my dad had one of these when I was a kid.

https://www.radios-tv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/bro1001-1.png
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    edited December 2018
    Weren’t these a traynor design, slightly revoiced by grindrod? 

I do know that after trying one of the Albion ones a few years back that it’s the only amp I’ve ever found that sounded worse than a blackstar.

they need to be a lot cheaper than they are to be worth it, they are utter dog shit.

i actually like the way they look, at least they’re different!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited December 2018
    just so you know.... in name only! Might as well have branded them Wolfdale

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • seems an alright price for a bass cab though
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    By god they look naff. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Yuk....more like "Barfdale"...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rocker said:
    When was the last time someone at your gig said "Oh I like your amplifier..."

An amp is an amp.  How it sounds is the most important question.  Followed by servicing and backup.  Looks don't even enter the equation.  And the price hardly matters especially if it is real world price.  There is very little difference between £350 and £700 if the latter price gives the sound you want and if it lasts for a long time.  Do you remember how much your amp cost?  I don't and I am hardly the only one....
    Amen.  If it makes the sounds I am trying to achieve within my budget I've got then I couldn't care less what it looks like.  Why would anybody put looks before the right sound?
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    clarkefan said:
    Rocker said:
    When was the last time someone at your gig said "Oh I like your amplifier..."

An amp is an amp.  How it sounds is the most important question.  Followed by servicing and backup.  Looks don't even enter the equation.  And the price hardly matters especially if it is real world price.  There is very little difference between £350 and £700 if the latter price gives the sound you want and if it lasts for a long time.  Do you remember how much your amp cost?  I don't and I am hardly the only one....
    Amen.  If it makes the sounds I am trying to achieve within my budget I've got then I couldn't care less what it looks like.  Why would anybody put looks before the right sound?
    That would be like marrying an ugly girl with a nice personality, give me the beauty and I couldn’t give a shit what she acts like.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    PMT are selling them off too. I wonder if the third member of the new buying power trio, GuitarGuitar will be doing likewise soon?