Fender Brad Paisley Tele now available without belt sander wear?

What's Hot
KeefyKeefy Frets: 2293
I was in PMT Bristol yesterday and found a MIM Brad Paisley Tele in the usual silver sparkle and paisley livery, but without the totally unconvincing faux forearm wear on the upper body edge. It was as light as a light thing, and played and sounded rather good. I didn't buy it as I have 3 Teles already, but I wondered whether anyone else had seen one in the wild.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5789
    I saw that one the other day and very wisely chose not to pick it up, or even take a very close look. 

Also, am I right that a slightly belated Happy Birthday is in order?
  • I definitely saw a couple one tokyo in October, and don’t recall seeing any obvious fake wear. Not 100% sure thought
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • It is in the Roadworn series so they all should have the fake wear as far as I can see. The bodies are made out of Paulownia chosen for its lightness apparently. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Isn't the wear actually intentional by Mr Paisley? As in not natural? So Fender are replicating fake wear.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • I thought his guitars came with and without?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16138
    I played one in Andertons......hated the fake relic but by gosh ,it played and sounded really good
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2293
    dazzajl said:
    I saw that one the other day and very wisely chose not to pick it up, or even take a very close look. 

Also, am I right that a slightly belated Happy Birthday is in order?
    Yes, that was the occasion for yesterday's Brizzle guitar shop foray. Didn't buy any guitars, but snagged a handful of CDs in Fopp at Rosie's insistence.
    I thought his guitars came with and without?
    I thought the naff relicing was compulsory (and I don't mind a decent relic job), but apparently not. Definitely a guitar I could live with.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9348
    Brad Paisley’s 53 has virtually identical armwear. Always makes me laugh when people criticise the armwear on the signature.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    I played one briefly in PMT Romford and it was wonderful if a bit marmite in looks - appeared to weigh about same as smallish feather. Interesting guitar. 
  • Keefy said:
    I was in PMT Bristol yesterday and found a MIM Brad Paisley Tele in the usual silver sparkle and paisley livery, but without the totally unconvincing faux forearm wear on the upper body edge. It was as light as a light thing, and played and sounded rather good. I didn't buy it as I have 3 Teles already, but I wondered whether anyone else had seen one in the wild.
    Was the neck like a Baja? Think they are similar in spec..
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11463
    An unreliced version might be good.  Wondering what colour scratchplate would be best to replace the thing that is on it.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Cannot find any reference to a version without the Roadworn element.
    Maybe they have just ditched the arm wear on the most recent production?

Pristine exposed  wood does not replicate decades of grime. Obviously.
    Fake arm wear should be left to those with lots of time and considerable expertise.
    This applies equally to Gibson. The fake  armwear on certain CC Historics was embarrassing.....

• As far as I am aware they are part of the roadworn series but are based on Brad's no1 60s tele. The wear seems to match that guitar. The only thing obviusy different about the two is the sig has a maple board, which he seems to prefer anyway.

I've played a couple since they came and and they are brilliant, that bridge pickup is fantastic. If you can get over the finish its a great tele.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2293
    Keefy said:
    Was the neck like a Baja? Think they are similar in spec..
    Ages since I tried a Baja, so couldn't really say. I would describe the neck profile as a mid-depth soft V - nowhere near as deep as a the U profiles on some 50s RIs. Very comfy for the short time I played it.
  • I have one of these and it's incredibly playable and super light (5lb) and the neck shape is really nice. It's a slight v near the headstock and tapers to a c higher up. 

I actually really like the fake wear, and as someone already said, despite all the criticism it is almost identical in appearance to his original 60s tele. The silver sparkle nitro paintjob looks great in person and will continue to age nicely.