So I bought a guitar with dings in the neck....

What's Hot
I've always been a person who likes stuff I buy to be pristine, but yesterday I traded my PRS SE for an Epiphone Les Paul. 

The Les Paul is 12 years old and has its fair share of dings on the back and a good few on the neck, and I love it!

I'm really surprised as I thought it would bother me especially on the neck but this thing plays like a dream!

Previously I would have turned down a guitar in this condition but I guess I'm all turned round on the subject!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I can be funny about dings in the neck, but two of my favourite instruments have them and I’ve long since stopped caring. Something you get used to unless it’s a real show stopper
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I don't mind them if I've inflicted them.. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    My main gigging guitar has a couple of good sized ones. Doesn't bother me at all.
  • A few years ago I bought a used Gibson Midtown semi at a bargain price. I must have owned it for at least 18 months before I noticed a small ding on the bass side of the neck, I’m not even sure if I did it but it makes no difference to the way the instrument feels.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    I think for me it would depend on where it was on the neck. I used to have a dreadnaught that had a sizable chunk taken out of the back of the neck directly under the 5th fret. That was annoying enough to move it on.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    My strat has a huge dent full of dark dirt thats been there decades, luckily its just out of the area my thumb usually goes. Conversly I have a Lite Ashe Tele that has several light scratches (from being lent against an amp I guess) and they sit under the thumb in the farmers chord area. It's far more noticable to the touch than to the naked eye unless you get the light just so.
    I should dally with a damp rag and a solder iron on both to re-swell the fibres, but really aren't that bothered so haven't as yet.