Playing classical vs acoustic

zebikzebik Frets: 0
i’ve been learning to play guitar for last few months. I play on my acoustic and I started getting better. I have recently bought classical guitar (I was advised it’s perfect for learning) and having massive problems playing on it as my fingers land on wrong places on a fretboard as fretboard is noticeable bigger than on my acoustic and my muscle memory doesn’t accept it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• zebik said:
    i’ve been learning to play guitar for last few months. I play on my acoustic and I started getting better. I have recently bought classical guitar (I was advised it’s perfect for learning) and having massive problems playing on it as my fingers land on wrong places on a fretboard as fretboard is noticeable bigger than on my acoustic and my muscle memory doesn’t accept it
    I play and I would not say one is better for learning than the other. 

Play the one you enjoy the most, and that could be simply down to feel or whichever music you listen to the most. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11955
    you get used to playing both
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 933
    Are you learning classical pieces? If not, then I see no reason to learn on a classical guitar, unless you just prefer the tone of a nylon strung guitar. Nylon strings are possibly easier on the fingers to fret but if your playing a steel strung regularly, your fingers will get accustomed and toughen up soon enough.

On the other hand though, fretboard widths vary on lots of guitars so it's not a bad idea to get use to adapting rather than getting too ingrained with one particular guitar. You never know, you might just fancy buying something new at some point  ;)