e bay posting help

mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
edited December 2018 in Guitar
Ive just sold the classic vibe tele i had for sale on here on e bay the buyers paid me 17.99 postage but he picked click and collect from his local spar with their address ,do i just sent it their?how do they know who its for ?think this is a big fck up ..the buyer said he selected that option on checkout?? how can he?? when i put parcelforce 48 as the postal carrier ??help !
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited December 2018
    I think you need to print off label with code. Then you just send as usual.. You must have somehow opted in for it. shouldnt be too much trouble. ecp code found on shipping label. 8 digits.You can find out more at the ebay seller centre (google). see the restrictions section with regards to weight etc.
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    edited December 2018
    If you go into your ebay account for that item you should be able to see that there is a packaging label that you can print. This should have the address of the local Spar + the numbers on that address label relate to the transaction, and should have the buyers name also on it. Just make sure that you send the package on a tracked signed for delivery. You must put ALL of the info that's on the ebay address label on to the packaging. 
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    If you click into your own listing you can see what postage options are listed.

Also if you click the "print postage label" option you can see if there is a click and collect code on the label. If so, then simply pay the postage through ebay and use their postage labels to send. Should be safe enough.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    will it cost me more ?i normally pay about £18 tracked 48
    That cost sounds about right. It shouldn't cost any more - it's just the same as you'd normally do sending a guitar by courier. If you go into your ebay account and look at the help/search function for "click and collect" it explains everything 
    Ahh, actually, you might not be able to send it that way - there are weight and dimension restrictions if I remember:

How to use Click & Collect

We'll automatically offer Click & Collect on your listings if:

• You're offering a quick dispatch time (0-3 days is ideal)
    • Your item weighs no more than 15kg (including packaging) and no one side of the parcel exceeds 90cm, with max dimensions of 0.324 cubic metres
    • Your item isn't classified as dangerous or age-restricted

When a buyer chooses Click & Collect, we automatically update the delivery address to that of their chosen eBay Collection Point. An eBay Collection Point code, known as an ECP code, will also be added to the address, to make sure your parcel is properly processed.

Simply print your label, making sure the ECP code is clearly visible, and post your package as usual. When it's ready for collection, we'll notify the buyer.

Tip
    You can opt out of Click & Collect from your Site Preferences in My eBay.

Benefits of offering Click & Collect

With Click & Collect, you’re offering buyers a convenient delivery option – and it provides a host of additional benefits. Here are just a few:

• Buyers have the convenience and security of a local collection point, which is particularly helpful for large or high-value items.
    • Members can pick up their items at a time that suits them from an eBay collection point with evening and weekend opening hours.
    • Offering Click & Collect may help your items surface higher in search results.
    • Buyers can search for listings that offer Click & Collect.
    • We'll automatically include an identification code with the eBay collection point address to make sure the item gets to your buyer.

Visit our Seller Centre to find out more about Click & Collect.

I've just measured my telecaster, and it's more than 90cm long, so you should be able to say to the guy that he can't use click and collect as the guitar dimensions fall outside of the click and collect requirements.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    MtB said:
    I've just measured my telecaster, and it's more than 90cm long, so you should be able to say to the guy that he can't use click and collect as the guitar dimensions fall outside of the click and collect requirements.
    Thanks for that, i've emailed the buyer and said it's too big for click and collect, and ive asked him for his home address 
    thank you to all the other forumotes for your helpful replies  :)
  • I hope this does not throw a spanner in the works. I had a guitar delivered this Wednesday on ebay click and collect. It was sent to my local Argos store, it was well over a metre long but was under weight at 11Kg including the packaging