Problem locking string on ukulele - advice please

Howdy,
Im at the nut-finessing and stringing up stage of 'Sneaky the Doubleneck', and im having bother locking the unwound strings. They are unbelievably slippy and wont remain locked to the tuner, despite the under/overwrapping.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Standard open geared tuners, and ive not had tgis problem before, so i suspect its a srring thing.
Cheers,
Adam
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72494
    Under/over wrapping isn't effective enough, I don't know why it's become the 'accepted' way. I did it too, until I found there were much better ways.

Do the half-back-turn and lock under method, and if that still isn't enough then fully tie it - just once through the hole (backwards towards the body) then loop it under the main part of the string. Guaranteed to work, even on the most slippery nylon strings.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Thanks ICBM, again. I'll try that and see what happens. 

Adam