Solderless cables - Lava Vs Evidence Audio Vs Monkey Solderless

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
My board is wired up with Lava tightrope Ultramafic cables but I'm going to be rewiring soon and so will need more cables. I can't find a stockist of Ultramafic cables now so thinking of another option.

How do Lava compare to Monkey Solderless and Evidence Audio? I want solderless so not looking at other options
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PedalPatch UK  would be my preference; significantly cheaper with comparable quality.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • at the beginning of the new year I'm gonna be selling a load of evidence audio solder less if you're interested.
  • at the beginning of the new year I'm gonna be selling a load of evidence audio solder less if you're interested.
    I may very well be!
  • I've tried lava in the past but got into Evidence Audio and I'll never go back. Evidence is kinder to your hands too when making your patch cables up ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10266
    I’ve been using 3 monkeys for ages and they’re so easy to cut and set up. The profile is really small too. I think it’s worth paying for them. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3888
    TPS Dan swears by Evidence Audio, and I guess he knows a bit about wiring up boards.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3888
    Anyone else used the pedal patch UK stuff. Price looks great, but what about the quality and tone?
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10266
    edited December 2018
    Never used it but after spending a lot of money on inferior and cheaper cables that failed often, or emitted a lot of noise, or were too fiddly, I know that you get what you pay for. Could be fine though. 
  • FezFez Frets: 529
    I just did my new board with pedal patch and they seem OK.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Would it make any difference if I mixed cables eg. Some lava and some evidence Audio?
  • Would it make any difference if I mixed cables eg. Some lava and some evidence Audio?
    Wouldn't have thought so as long as you don't use lava cable with an Evidence audio plug or visa versa 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/