Best wife ever NGD

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    Lovely guitar and colour. I need a wife like that!  :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice gift! Mine allowed me to travel 2 hours on Christmas Eve to get a new guitar so I think we are doing good this year. 
    Allowed you ? You need permission to go out ?
    I am in the basement if anyone can help
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Nice gift! Mine allowed me to travel 2 hours on Christmas Eve to get a new guitar so I think we are doing good this year. 
    You say this like husbands are allowed out without permission.  Is this true?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJ said:
    Nice gift! Mine allowed me to travel 2 hours on Christmas Eve to get a new guitar so I think we are doing good this year. 
    You say this like husbands are allowed out without permission.  Is this true?
    The only time we are allowed to go out is for sense of humour lessons
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    Update to NGD, it was a fantastic surprise but i couldn't live with the blueburst, i tried but the feeling just wouldn't go.
    Hard thing telling the missus, but she was cool, returned it and currently waiting for the same guitar in figured Sunset burst to arrive 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Out of interest where did you return it to as I would very happily live with that blueberry burst....
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    johnl said:
    Out of interest where did you return it to as I would very happily live with that blueberry burst....
    Returned to PMT Cambridge mate
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    'Sigh' -  although my wife does come to watch our band sometimes, she really isn't interested at all in my guitars and would never think of buying me one.  So, I think I'm going to have to trade her in for a more guitar focussed model in the new year! laugh
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    edited January 2019
    Mine's not really interested in them either (which can be very handy for sneaking guitars in under the radar), but indulges me in my obsession, even to the point of buying me a 1959 ES-225 last year, bless her. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I'd sold it recently, but I did get a 1956 ES-175 the other week which looks similar from the front (to the 225, not my wife) so she'll never know. 
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6907
    I thought NGD stood for ‘new girlfriend day’ now that would be a fantastic wife who let you get one of those  ;)

Good decision on swapping it - whilst there’s an argument for the uniqueness of a blueburst I think a 335 is very much a traditional guitar that looks better in its traditional colours.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    ...is your wife hiding a secret???
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    57Deluxe said:
    ...is your wife hiding a secret???
    Mine? Evidently - I didn't know she had so much money! :-)

But I do now........
    Call me Dave.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    adampeter said:
    Update to NGD, it was a fantastic surprise but i couldn't live with the blueburst, i tried but the feeling just wouldn't go.
    Hard thing telling the missus, but she was cool, returned it and currently waiting for the same guitar in figured Sunset burst to arrive 
    I would've felt the same as you @adampeter . Tough one to ask from the mrs but better to get the guitar colour you want rather than not using it because of its colour.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12418
    adampeter said:
    I would've felt the same as you @adampeter . Tough one to ask from the mrs but better to get the guitar colour you want rather than not using it because of its colour.
    You guys are braver than me, I would have kept the blue one (even though I wouldn't have wanted to) because I wouldn't want to "kick the puppy!"

Although I am pretty certain Mrs Munckee will never buy me a guitar as she regularly threatens to burn them : )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    I love the blue burst personally but different horse for course and it's better you were honest. Both are great looking guitars.