Need help with wiring a Schecter PT Special

What's Hot
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/pt-special-black-pearl-detail
 The tone knob is a push/pull that puts the 2 pickups in series. It's a bit wobbly and crackly and sometimes cuts out. I'm going to replace it entirely, but I can't find a wiring diagram.
I have found some with the usual telecaster 3-way switch, but the Schecter has a Gibson style 3-way toggle. I tried emailing Schecter, but no reply. Just wondering if anyone can point the way to a suitable diagram.
Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    Can you not simply replicate what’s there already?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Can you not simply replicate what’s there already?
    Yes, that would be the best way, but I like the added sense of security a diagram gives me. Plus, it's just easier!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    chris_john said:

Yes, that would be the best way, but I like the added sense of security a diagram gives me. Plus, it's just easier!
    Surely if you just write down which wire goes to which terminal on the old switch - or take a picture on your phone - then swap the switch and reconnect them in the same places on the new one, that's easier than having to interpret a diagram?

The wiring for a toggle and a lever switch should be the same anyway, the series/parallel switch is the only bit you need to use.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    chris_john said:

Surely if you just write down which wire goes to which terminal on the old switch - or take a picture on your phone - then swap the switch and reconnect them in the same places on the new one, that's easier than having to interpret a diagram?

The wiring for a toggle and a lever switch should be the same anyway, the series/parallel switch is the only bit you need to use.
    I think you're right. Probably much quicker. Should have just thought of that myself! Doh.