Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HMV in administration (again)

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    fandango said:
    skunkwerx said:
    ICBM said:
    fandango said:
    It’s the closure of the flagship Oxford Street store that gets me. That's the end of HMV in my books.
    Is it actually the original shop, or 
    just on Oxford St? If it’s not the original shop, or at least site, then it doesn’t really count.

Presumably the rent - if they don’t own the building - and rates are eye-watering there, so can understand it. Sad for the staff since it’s not their fault...
    They opened the current shop on the site of a previous shop. Not sure it's the original shop though. Do not confuse the current shop with the huge HMV that used to be on Oxford Street, that closed a few years ago.
    I have a feeling the current one on Oxford street is in the very original spot the first store opened back in the 1920's. 

It moved some years back, then in recent years moved back..

I think. 

Or something like that... 

I think you're right mate.
    Ah, but weren’t there two HMV’s on Oxford Street at one point. One near Tottenh@m Court Tube, and the other near their current store?
    Ah yeah there was indeed. 

We called em Oxford Circus and Oxford street, though the Oxford Circus one may not have been in Oxford Circus technically.. haha, though for us suburbans in Essex, We'd often get the two mixed. That one was closed in the cull 7 years ago If memory serves.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was at Cribbs Causeway, Bristol this morning.  It was eerie to see the store closed but still full of stock.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom