Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Warmoth necks

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    edited January 2019 tFB Trader

The comments open above with “I can only talk about my own product prices”. 

So, I needn’t say anything else :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    lonestar said:

So, I needn’t say anything else :)
    But I do go on to say I don’t know any other Luther who would let a unfinished neck go out without the frets dressed and finished

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    GSPBASSES said:
    lonestar said:

So, I needn’t say anything else
    But I do go on to say I don’t know any other Luther who would let a unfinished neck go out without the frets dressed and finished
    I’ll give you an example, because although £400 is perhaps a little high for the point I was making you have to realise this...

If you buy, an Allparts neck, for example it will cost £130+ new. Add a bone nut, fret dress and paint finish. It’s easy to hit £300 and maybe even £325. That’s for a bog standard replacement neck. I’ve had Warmoth necks here like cheese graters and the receipts are usually in the box (buyers have them sent straight to me to spray). 

Costs add up. And while I appreciate you have been doing this for a long time it is unfortunate that if a customer buys a neck from the US by the time it is finished to the level the buyer wants it could very quickly spiral out of control costwise.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
     I absolutely agree with you I don’t know why people buy these necks from America when a lot of them seem to need more work done to them  to make them are usable neck . I think there might be a bit of a Misunderstanding here I’m talking about UK Builders selling necks that  fully fret dressed. As I said before I do not know any who would sell a neck where the frets haven’t been fully dressed.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/