NGD - Two tone time.

What's Hot
BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2963
I've been wanting a Reverend Tricky Gomez for a while - but always been put off by the colour choices and satin finishes. I've been hoping for something like an Aqua sparkle finish on a 3xP90 model... But instead, Reverend launched a final limited edition run of 40 guitars, 10 of each in 4 different two tone finishes, and just one of each coming to the UK (Merchant City in Glasgow). I really wasn't planning any NGDs for a good while, but needs must, if there aren't going to be any more TGs for a while, and there's only one left in the UK, and it's in one of my favourite Reverend finishes: Deep Sea Blue, there's only one thing to do. :/

Richard at Merchant City was as helpful as ever, and I ended up with a deal that effectively gave me a free Gator hard case.
Now the important bit, some pics:

I have to admit I'd still prefer a gloss top, with satin back, but the metallic colours look fantastic in the light, and the Deep Sea blue seems to subtly shift between blue and green depending on the light. And I'm even liking the Mother of Toilet Seat pick guard. :)

This is now the fourth Reverend I've bought, and they've all been beautifully finished and well set up. Early days with the Revtron pickups, but I'm liking them so far - very clear, glassy kind of tone, somewhere between a typical humbucker and single coil, often sounding quite Fender-ish.

A surprising and happy ending to 2018 :)
0reaction image LOL 19reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10896
    Oof that is lush! HNGD
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    That's really pretty. Nice purchase!
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9755
    Ooh. Now that is rather nice.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Nice, love that colour! 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    nice one!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Their shapes are often a bit too "off the wall" for me, but that - that is a true thing of beauty!  Lovey design, and a fabulous colour - HNGD!

*edit* sorry, a fabulous TWO colours  :)

• ionianionian Frets: 100
    That is almost steampunk in its lines - I love it and I hope it was ridiculously expensive so when I Google it in a minute I don't do something that may put my marriage at risk. Seriously, that is gorgeous, hngd. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 942
    It looks like you took it to a professional photographer to have those shots done  ;)
  • Nice looking guitar, I like the shape of the f holes and the Fender style headstock . The top looks flat like my Gibson Midtown.
  • I'd have absolutely no use for a guitar like that, but I love it! Happy NGD :) 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• grayngrayn Frets: 902
    Very stylish.
    Great buy, well done.
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2963
    Nitefly said:
    Their shapes are often a bit too "off the wall" for me, but that - that is a true thing of beauty!  Lovey design, and a fabulous colour - HNGD!

*edit* sorry, a fabulous TWO colours  :)

I know what you mean about some of their shapes, especially on the bolt-on neck models. But I do really love the Sensei/Spacehawk shape, and this, the Manta Ray style. This one, with the 6-aside headstock, symmetrical double cut and hollow body reminds me of the Gibson Trini Lopez, but with a slim body.

I always found those beautiful, so it's no wonder I like the look of these. I can only guess the spoof signature name of Tricky Gomez was a play on Trini Lopez...

ionian said:
    That is almost steampunk in its lines - I love it and I hope it was ridiculously expensive so when I Google it in a minute I don't do something that may put my marriage at risk. Seriously, that is gorgeous, hngd. 
    Don't worry, it was the last one in the UK, and there are no more coming... Hopefully I may have saved a few marriages, and mine is OK as my wife loves the colour - always an important factor I find. ;)

AlbertC said:
    It looks like you took it to a professional photographer to have those shots done  ;)
    Thanks! I used to be one, so I guess I've still got it in me... :)

Nice looking guitar, I like the shape of the f holes and the Fender style headstock . The top looks flat like my Gibson Midtown.
    Yes, it's very similar to the Midtown, with a hollowed out body and a maple top, but these are made from Korina, so very light and resonant, and have a three piece Korina neck. I did have a Midtown - I reckon they're one of Gibson's most underrated guitars - and I bought the Manta Ray last year as I missed having a proper hollow body model. The body on these is also larger, about the same as a 335, but the weight is actually a bit lighter than my Midtown.