Now NGD: Gibson Les Paul Axcess Standard info?

What's Hot
FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
edited January 2019 in Guitar
Hey all 

Looking at one of these. Does anyone have first hand experience of them ?

Says they are made in the custom shop but are they really custom shop quality if they were knocking them out in such vast quantities. Throwing in a COA and a CS case to add to the illusion 

Many thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5636
    Well, they make a damn sight fewer Axcess models than they do Rx models...

I have one, and it's every bit as good as its Rx siblings in terms of build quality. The only noticeable difference is that it has the thicker binding, rather than the period-correct thinner binding of the historic models. The neck profile is also different, not really conforming to any of the historic neck shapes - it has more of an oval profile.
  • Brize said:

I have one, and it's every bit as good as its Rx siblings in terms of build quality. The only noticeable difference is that it has the thicker binding, rather than the period-correct thinner binding of the historic models. The neck profile is also different, not really conforming to any of the historic neck shapes - it has more of an oval profile.
    Thanks for the info :)

Really pleased to hear it’s up there with the Rx quality. Is the neck profile comfortable despite being a different shape? Do you have the stoptail or Floyd version?

Thanks again 
  • Caffeine_VampireCaffeine_Vampire Frets: 3480
    edited December 2018
    Had a few of them years back. Good guitars but not quite as special since Gibson threw the ‘axcess’ heel joint onto the HP range. Pickups were a bit hot for my taste, neck was a bit skinny too. They do seem to hold their value but I’d be looking for a used model if I were you. I had a ‘Custom Shop’ Custom Axcess that I foolishly sold. That one felt like a money guitar, the others I had just felt like a regular LP. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    My main gigging Les Paul.   It’s light and super comfy to play.   It has the fastest neck I’ve found on a les Paul and the neck joint makes my custom and standard feel clunky and awkward in comparison. It doesn’t sound quite as meaty but it’s near enough.   Build quality is definitely as good as any R series I’ve played.     
    If you like a traditional feel then I’d say definitely try it first.    If I saw a custom version or a goldtop I’d buy another.  
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited December 2018
    Thanks guys 

This is the model I’m looking at so it’s not the ‘Custom’ model but still custom shop so hopefully Rx quality 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DlTOJohJHQA
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5636
    Brize said:

Thanks for the info :)

Really pleased to hear it’s up there with the Rx quality. Is the neck profile comfortable despite being a different shape? Do you have the stoptail or Floyd version?

Thanks again 
    I have the Floyd version and, yes, I like the neck profile a lot.
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 314
    They don't knock 'em out in vast quantities by any means, they're produced in really pretty small batches. As Brize says the reissue LPs are by far the most popular and the non-historic LP Customs would still be way more popular.

Very nice guitars though, they are all Custom Shop made. There was a new 'Modern' version introduced quite recently with what they called an 'Apex' headstock which offers a bit of extra reinforcement to help avoid neck breaks. Also bear in mind they're a bit thinner in the body than a regular LP.
  • Thanks guys that’s swung it for me and I just bought one used for only 1K :) :)

Very happy right now 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks guys that’s swung it for me and I just bought one used for only 1K :) :)

Very happy right now 
    Awesome!! Crazy price. Congrats. 
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited December 2018
    This is the model I’ve bought though not this actual guitar . Collecting tomorrow :)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Wow.  That’s a ridiculous price.   Well done! 
  • Gun Metal Grey? Beauty. 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    I've always thought these were cool. Cracking guitars from what I've heard. I'm really interested in your thoughts once you get your mitts on it!

• Will get some pics up once I’ve collected. It’s quite a trek to drive to get it but at that price you’ve got to do it. 

• Will get some pics up once I’ve collected. It’s quite a trek to drive to get it but at that price you’ve got to do it. 

You seriously got a deal on it. I’m only marginally insanely jealous. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Thanks guys that’s swung it for me and I just bought one used for only 1K :) :)

Very happy right now 
    good price.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    @Fortheloveofguitar's had it a couple of hours now and still no pics. I'm calling fake news.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbomb said:
    @Fortheloveofguitar's had it a couple of hours now and still no pics. I'm calling fake news.
    I’ll get some up lol. Was a long journey home
  • I always wanted to try one out
  • I always wanted to try one out
    Cracking neck profile and the heel is great for upper fret playing. Also love the contour cut in on the back of the body

Body although slightly thinner is really nice too. Genuine original Floyd Rose too. Can’t get it to go out of tune 

Strung with 10’s and I’m a 9-46 guy but am going to keep them on as I don’t want to messing with the Floyd at the moment especially as the setup is so good. Though I will try and lower the action a little