I'm shocked....shocked I say!

What's Hot
horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
edited December 2018 in Guitar
Just been to try out one of the revstar rs502t (P90) and, well....Bugger me....it's lovely!

The necks is a nice D not too fat, pickups are good and twang, but I was shocked how good the sustain was and the dry switch worked.

I feel a new purchase coming on!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    They do look really cool. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve yet to play a “bad” Yamaha..they’re universally good instruments. I just find them a bit functional & soulless. 
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    I"ve swapped out the stock pups on 2 old Yamaha H/S/H superstrats (well I swapped one set & @lamf68 ; swapped another when he did a re-fin for me).
    Both guitars played great but were a little soul less tone wise but with the new pups are now very versatile indeed

bra hrefhttpoi64tinypiccommc7zgwjpg target_blankView Raw Imagea
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Let's be honest, I'll end up changing the pickups...I've got a thing about it 
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    I think the Revstar is really cool. They do some horrific colours and I'm not sure about the bigsby but the less expensive models with P90s definitely do it for me. I even like the headstock shape!  :o
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    I can't understand why they haven't become an iconic modern classic.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I can't understand why they haven't become an iconic modern classic.
    Exactly this. Some shops seem to be blowing them out dirt cheap too. A chap in a shop in Glasgow practically tried to give me one because he couldn't sell it.
  • I nearly bought a Yamaha superstrat 25 years ago. I sounded great, but I am not a pointy head stock guy. I got an SG instead
  • I've been sorely tempted by the Bigsby equipped 720 model 2nd hand a few times after trying one in a shop. Never quite pulled the trigger though. Tempting....
  • I expected the neck to be flat and play like glue
  • I will say that it needed a tweak on the setup
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9781
    I’ve yet to play a “bad” Yamaha..they’re universally good instruments. I just find them a bit functional & soulless. 
    I used to own a Pacifica 311H which I’d agree lacked something in the personality department. However, I now own a Pacifica 611HFM and the difference is night and day. Still in the honeymoon period but soulless it isn’t.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • I used to work in a school as IT technician and during summer hols when less about would go into the music room and play instruments. The Pacifica guitars I thought were great. It was obvious which guitars had better spec, but made me a fan.