Solo of the Month (SotM) #44 - Chat

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Listening back to my solos for the first time is a pretty brutal experience! Don’t think I’m ready but I’ll keep at it as it’s a good excercise that will help me improve, might enter month. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    Sent.  Phyrigian Dominant this month.  Had to google it :)
  • Sent...
    Added to playlist.

Entry closes tonight at 11.30pm.

It's not a competition.
  • I have recorded one - never done this before but got an interface a few weeks ago so thought 'why not'? Would email through today but can't work out how to export what I have recorded in Reaper top MP3.... any advice, so can I just email through a different format?
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    I have recorded one - never done this before but got an interface a few weeks ago so thought 'why not'? Would email through today but can't work out how to export what I have recorded in Reaper top MP3.... any advice, so can I just email through a different format?

In Reaper, you need to go the menus and choose "File" then choose "Render". That gives you a dialog box to choose various options, including mp3.

As usual Kenny Gioia is the place to go: 
  • Thanks!!

I've submitted I think - bit of slide guitar reggae style... not an obvious mix, but it did teach me a little more about reaper!! Thanks all. Some of the other entries are inspiring!
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    Looking forward to hearing it. Learning about recording is great fun 

• I've submitted I think...
    Received and added to the playlist in the original post. That makes 10. Good to see so many entries this month.

It's not a competition.
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3024
    edited January 2019
    Ok I’ve sent an m4a, if it’s not compatible no worries. It’s a very sloppy and loose solo done without much of a plan. Like @clarke_111 ; I’m learning about recording. 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited January 2019
    Ok I’ve sent an m4a, if it’s not compatible no worries.
    Usually I convert to mp3 but I decided to try uploading m4a and it plays fine, so there should be no problems. It's now in the playlist.

That makes 11 entries which is an excellent response. It's also great to get some new entrants.

It's not a competition.
  • Entry closed.
    It's not a competition.