NGD / NAD - Gibson and Lazy J content...

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8830
edited January 2019 in Guitar
Evening guys n gals.

Thought it was high time I shared my festive joy with you all. 

As I was an especially good boy all last year, Santa was proportionately especially generous, stuffing my stocking with this family-friendly Lazy J5.  Loaded with onboard reverb and attenuator, it hits the sweet spots to press my rock n roll buttons at far more domestically harmonious levels than my J20, and is a sight more portable too as I am forced to migrate from room to room here at Schloss Moans.  So I'm a happy bunny.

Then... on Xmas Eve this rather jolly Gibson popped up on a Facebook forum.  A few too many schooners of St Emilion later, more spanking of the PayPal account and, well, you know how it goes.  Ladies and Djentlemen, I give you the Billy Morrison signature Les Paul. 

Described by Gibson as a LP Standard with Custom appointments, this was apparently part of a global run of 200 (and I confess it took some googling to find out just who Billy Morrison is), but the specs are absolutely top notch.  It includes a 60s lower profile neck, perfect for my delicate, poet's hands.  Ebony fretboard, decked out with gold medium-jumbo frets.  The previous owner had hoicked out the original Duncans and replaced with a pair of kick-ass Bare Knuckle Mules.  Everything secured by a set of locking Grovers.  And LOOK at the finish.  With a matching headstock!  Like a Gibson White Falcon, the whole thing screams Billy Duffy.

Resolutions be damned* D

*I'm selling a bunch of kit to try to pay for at least some of this madness.  Help me out before the fair Mrs Moans cottons on

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
1reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You got a lol from me for the Ladies and Djentlemen comment - I now can't wow you for the lovely amp/axe combo.

Do you need any unqualified , lazy , zero experience barristers at your place so I can join the low powered Lazy J club ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4145
    That sofa looks well comfy! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7839
    J5 has verb and attenuator!? Swoon
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8830
    You got a lol from me for the Ladies and Djentlemen comment - I now can't wow you for the lovely amp/axe combo.

Do you need any unqualified , lazy , zero experience barristers at your place so I can join the low powered Lazy J club ?
    You’d fit right in, compadre :D 

Tell ya what: if you fancy covering my Security for Costs application tomorrow, in Manchester, I’ll get the papers emailed over prontissimo
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Blimey!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    edited January 2019
    That sofa looks well comfy! 
    Thanks! With built-in electronic recliner functionality.

Tell you what: come on over to road test some of the crap I’m peddling in the classifieds to pay for all this shizzle, and your posterior can similarly review said sofa for as long as it likes: tea, coffee, beer etc thrown in!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    J5 has verb and attenuator!? Swoon
    Sure does. Ask nicely and Jedi Master Hoff can even slot a trem in there, too. As wee amps go, this pleases me mightily :)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Lovely guitar, change the gold hardware to chrome and it'll look even better... :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely! Enjoy 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    is indeed a lovely LP but isn't it sad that off-beat specs like this just shout Chibson these days...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Innit tho? :D

rawk100 said:
    Lovely guitar, change the gold hardware to chrome and it'll look even better... :)

Heresy! 

In truth the bling goes with the whole 'LP Custom on a budget' vibe.  All fur coat and no knickers, me :)

Lovely! Enjoy 

Thank you: I am doing, most bigstylee :))))

57Deluxe said:
    is indeed a lovely LP but isn't it sad that off-beat specs like this just shout Chibson these days...

Cripes!  I hope not... :scream: 

Although not even the most wildly overambitious Chibsonista could have conceived of the somewhat, er, idiosyncratic case it came in...

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5080
    Lovely little amp there, bet that sounds nice!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    edited January 2019
    Lovely little amp there, bet that sounds nice!
    But for the fact it's me playing through it, better than sex D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Mr Moans - 'This new guitar and amp combination is better than sex !'

Mrs Moans  - 'Certainly is dear"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Mr Moans - 'This new guitar and amp combination is better than sex !'

Mrs Moans  - 'Certainly is dear"
    You’re evidently deeply hip to the love lives of the pot-bellied middle aged, Con :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer