SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted - Catalinbread 5F6, a Fulltone Fulldrive or a Wampler Paisley Deluxe

jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
edited February 2019 in FX £
As it says! Cash waiting. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • Still looking for some Fender in a box goodness!
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6697
    I have a Way Huge Red Llama 25th anniversary if that's of interest. Gets those tweedy tones and then has more available gain on top as well. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Cheers for the offer but Just looking for one of the three mentioned. GLWS

Cool no worries. Have owned the Les Lius and 5F6 and much preferred the latter for its versatility. Hope you find one. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    I also had a Les Lius. IIRC, it has no volume control, just gain? Made it unusable for me.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • The 5f6 appeals  because of the three band EQ. I’ve got a Supro Coronado that only has a gain and tone control! 
    Yep the 5F6 had a lot of tones in it, and a surprising amount of gain although I tended to use it as a low gainer. Very useable. 

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Hattigol said:
    I also had a Les Lius. IIRC, it has no volume control, just gain? Made it unusable for me.
    Eh? The one I have with the two knobs and two footswitches (and mini toggle) has a volume. 

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    There was some issue with it - can't fully recall now - that meant it just didn't work for me. Is the gain dependent on the pedal's volume levels or something like that?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Hattigol said:
    There was some issue with it - can't fully recall now - that meant it just didn't work for me. Is the gain dependent on the pedal's volume levels or something like that?
    I must admit mines been sat in it's box for a while as I have other drive pedals I gig with. 

Anyway it's fixed drive with the left knob the master volume and the second footswitch not engaged. Press the second switch and you can add what they call a second gain stage with the right hand knob.

Hattigol said:
    Eh? The one I have with the two knobs and two footswitches (and mini toggle) has a volume. 

The volume is for the boost only, not the regular engaged tone. 

• soma1975 said:
    Hattigol said:

The volume is for the boost only, not the regular engaged tone. 
    Yeah I had one a few years ago. It’s an oddly designed pedal but both knobs cranked in the tweed deluxe mode got the best sounding Fender overdrive I’ve heard from a pedal. 

Anyway... the search continues ideally for a Catalinbread 5F6 before any of the others! 
  • Still looking for any of the above. 
  • Bump