What Wah for this?

What's Hot

Comments

• Ibanez Weeping Demon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibe said:
    I've currently got 9 wah pedals (plus a Helix) and yes I need help...
    Are you an octopus with a huge penis?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    stonevibe said:
    I've currently got 9 wah pedals (plus a Helix) and yes I need help...
    Are you an octopus with a huge penis?
    Possibly
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • Weeping Demon...its so good ive bought it 3 times.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Weeping Demon...its so good ive bought it 3 times.
    Twice, for me
  • tekbow said:
    The colorsound

And my fav example if a boomer in action

insta ban for posting feet
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    On the theme from shaft, Charles 'Skip' Pitts used a Gibson Maestro Boomerang wah pedal
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    I love the Bonamassa wah - no idea if it's what you want, but it's a different sound to other crybabys (crybabies?)

Worth a look at least.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    I seem to remember Westside on Denmark St having a lot of the Wahs (Dunlop) on one board as well as other MXR and Way Huge pedals. That may be a good place to go if that's still the case as a couple of other Dunlop Wahs have been mentioned here.

The Weeping Demon isn't for me as I find that more phaser-ish than quacky but I like the spec and versatility. The older model Ibanez wah that Frusciante had sounded great.
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 246
    I’ve had the Weeping Demon a couple of times, when in the auto engage mode there is a quick drop out in signal when you turn it on mid playing... really annoying as otherwise it was great.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    I’ve seen a Thin Lizzy tribute band a few times and one of the guitarists uses a Coloursound wah. It absolutely nais the Don’t Believe a Word and Johnny the Fox tone. I had one at one time, it’s got a huge sweep and lots of the classic “quack”. I only sold it on because I was offered silly money for it (well, it’s all relative, at the time it was silly). 
    boogieman said:
    I’ve seen a Thin Lizzy tribute band a few times and one of the guitarists uses a Coloursound wah. It absolutely nais the Don’t Believe a Word and Johnny the Fox tone. I had one at one time, it’s got a huge sweep and lots of the classic “quack”. I only sold it on because I was offered silly money for it (well, it’s all relative, at the time it was silly). 
    Cheers and I've seen Limehouse Lizzy quite a few times and never bothered to look at what they had on stage/on the floor.

Do the Coloursound treadle work in reverse to a regular Wah?

Macaris still stock them and so I need to get down to Denmark St and the Charing Cross Rd and try a few.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    Kebabkid said:
    boogieman said:
    Cheers and I've seen Limehouse Lizzy quite a few times and never bothered to look at what they had on stage/on the floor.

Do the Coloursound treadle work in reverse to a regular Wah?

Macaris still stock them and so I need to get down to Denmark St and the Charing Cross Rd and try a few.
    Yes it was Limehouse Lizzy and Greg Alcock has the Coloursound wah. I’m pretty sure it works conventionally but I could be wrong, I haven’t had one for over 20 years. 

Ha, I actually sold my one to the guy in Macaris, he was always advertising for old Coloursound pedals in the Guitarist mag classifieds. I got £35 for mine (I had a wah/fuzz/straight, which he reckoned he’d never seen before) and thought I’d made a killing. I bought it for a quid at a bootfair.  :)
    edited March 2019
    I managed to pick up a Coloursound Wah-Wah today. Sounds good and ticks my 'fussy wah boxes'.

I can't work out if it's a reissue or a vintage 70s one. It's black/grey, silver treadle, Sola Sound sticker underneath, as can be seen in pic, front plate just has Coloursound Wah-Wah on it, no power adaptor option.

My question is, does anyone know how to get to the battery? There are 4 rubber feet on it, but it doesn't look like they come off?

Sounds great

https://i.imgur.com/eFI2fXs.jpg

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    Looks new.

Pull bottom plate off.

I used to wedge a thin plectrum or screwdriver in the edge of the bottom plate and prise it off.
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    Cheers @stonevibe - I must confess, it's pristine, noiseless and so I'd have been surprised if it was a vintage one - Ta
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72506
    edited March 2019
    Reissue. Originals don't have rubber feet like that, they have ribbed rubber strips - - the same material as the top surface.

As stonevibe said - stick a knife blade or something down the side about halfway along and lever the bottom out.

On the old ones you could use the notch in the bottom to pull it out, which has obviously been done a lot with that one...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JustMeJustMe Frets: 16
    The Xotic Wah is perfect. I can't find a single negative thing about it.
    Thanks guys