SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Hondo Les Paul-a-like

What's Hot
shaunyshaun1234shaunyshaun1234 Frets: 286
edited January 2019 in Guitars £
Some of you may have seen my post in the guitars section asking for a value for the above guitar. After seeking advice there I have decided to move it on as its gathering dust at the minute.

Photos are in the link below. 
https://1drv.ms/f/s!As5RIrNV_21JsGJ9HzWLZqM85K1g

Condition wise, there are a few marks on it as shown in the photo but isn't looking too bad for an 80s (at a guess) guitar. The tuners have been upgraded at some point leaving surplus screw holes in the back of the headstock. 

The pickups have also been upgraded to iron gear rolling mill pickups. Not the most expensive but do sound very good. 

It plays well all the way up the neck with a Conservative action and is very easy to play. 

It will need restringing once you receive as these strings have been on for a while. 

I'm looking for £100 posted to your door (with neck removed). I'm open to offers as I really need the cash.

Thanks for looking. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• relic245relic245 Frets: 963
    Need to sign in to one drive to see photos fella. 

Not looking to buy it BTW, just like looking at guitars
  • Cheers mate!! I'll sort it at work tomorrow on the pc rather than phone!! 
  • I've just tried it at work signed out TFB and one drive and I could view the photos.

Would anyone else be kind enough to have a look at the photos.....and maybe buy it hhaha!!
  • Paul7926Paul7926 Frets: 227
    edited January 2019
    Well I can see the pictures. Sadly I'm not in the market for buying it but good luck with the sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    I'm not signed in and can see the pics no problem

• I can see the fots.

Have owned a few Hondos over the years. Their 335 copies are generally excellent. Nearly all if not actually all of their stuff post 1981/2 was made in the Samick factory, same as the Epiphones of the period. Imagine this was too - reminds me a lot of my very first electric, an Epiphone LP Special...

Apparently the Samick guitar factory was essentially set up by the guys from Hondo in terms of investment and given expertise and assistance by some of the guys from Tokai whom IMC (Hondo owners) had worked with previously.

Anyway, facts over. Good luck with the sale.
  • Price drop bump!! Need the pennies!! 
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 272

Very cool/unique body on that. GLWTS...

• Another price drop.

It's on ebay now but would rather sell it here than deal with the potential hassle!!