New Ibanez medium scale basses

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    I understand chicken grease is a traditional solution, though I have it on good authority that James Jamerson used pickled pigs' trotters...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    edited February 2019
    crunchman said:
    Can't wait for the strings to bed in a bit. Don't like toppy sounding new strings on a bass.
    At an open mic session, lend the bass for one song to somebody with corrosive sweat. Don’t clean the strings for a week afterwards. All of the treble (and most of the elasticity) will be gone.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    crunchman said:
    Can't wait for the strings to bed in a bit. Don't like toppy sounding new strings on a bass.
    At an open mic session, lend the bass for one song to somebody with corrosive sweat. Don’t clean the strings for a week afterwards. All of the treble (and most of the elasticity) will be gone.
    And your case will smell slightly musty in a way that you just can’t seem to get rid of ;)
  • Great looking bass...seriously interested in one as my first bass...32" scale seems a good shout for guitarists like me.
    Thanks for the post 
    Jon
  • JonHosker said:
    Great looking bass...seriously interested in one as my first bass...32" scale seems a good shout for guitarists like me.
    Thanks for the post 
    Jon

I just got one as 'my first bass for a guitarist'; I'm surprised how easy and enjoyable it is to play, I was expecting some pain to begin with. The neck is really narrow at the nut and thin which for me is a good thing. Highly recommended.
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 394
    edited February 2019
    Just about to have a 'vintage white'...cream! one moved to local Dawsons for me to try. 
    Was heading Fender Mex but P or J deliberations and extra cost.
    Hence heading here. 32" scale is the deal closure for me. 
    All the best.
    Jon
  • Still like the met. green one though!!
  • Just ordered a red one...it's been a long bass shop...glad to get one. Thanks for the tip off!
    Jon
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    Excellent!

I'm really thinking about one myself. I don't usually play a 4 string these days but something a bit little might be great for taking on holiday.
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 394
    edited February 2019
    In the end...I bought the vintage white not red.
    Planning a tort scratchplate! Fashion junky!