Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Is it possible to learn to sing?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5380
    I think you can learn to produce the notes,  at least to some extent. That's why you practice for aural tests when doing old style piano grades, because the more you do it,  the better you get.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    @Rocker - find another coach - the value of immediate feedback on breathing , pitch , transition , range etc is not something you will easily pickup on your own .. I was bought lessons as an xmas present last year and nearly didnt go - singing to an audience of one is a very naked experience - I'd only ever sung some backing vocals in a band context and had one or two karaoke numbers I knew were safe for me . 

So my coach gave me this to work on , particularly to develop the transition in and out of  head voice  ... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugGmkvhsKQ 

good luck - I found it hugely rewarding and has made working with other musicians so much easier ...
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9676
    If anyone had asked me a year ago, I'd have said that I can't sing. Then, about that time I had a go at a local jam night. I'm fully aware that I didn't do very well. However, from then on, I made a point of always getting up and having a go. And as with most things practice, though possibly not making perfect, has certainly made me a better and a more confident singer. 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it