First Jobs

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    I did a paper round as a kid, probably the best job I ever had! The money was crap, but I got to wander around on my own, early in the morning. I never cared how bad the weather was, I just really enjoyed it.
    Forgotten about my paper round. It was okay. My youngest son started a Sunday morning one a few years ago and I went with him the first couple of times. Bit of a workout, because so few people have a papers now the round is huge so including getting to the shop about two hours of walking around much of which with a very heavy bag over your shoulder. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Iamnobody said:
    Sperm donor.  1983.   15 quid a shot 3 times a week.  I was a consumate professional.   
    Morning dad...
    i'm proud of you son 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3075
    CHRISB50 said:

First and only Saturday job was clearing tables in the Bentalls Centre food court in Kingston.

One of mine was labouring on that site with the glass fitters (curtain walling). Very demanding and long weeks away on about £150 a week. I'd spent it all before I got home because I was so bored with sitting in digs.

My first proper job was bale-carting on a farm in Warcs. Absolutely the hardest physical work I've ever done - nearly killed me. I was on standard NFU rates which was about £2 an hour then. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3456
    Pimps whipping boy, late 70's, the dirty streets of night time LA. I would go around the hoes, collecting the takings, dishing out the whippings if they were short, serving beatings to the kerb crawlers and perverts who didn't treat the hoes ''jus right'' , delivering snort and lots of all sorts to the ladies of the night to keep them up tight and allrite. I was crispy on the main stream and top to toe in Sunday best.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    A mobile stall selling stainless steel pots and pans, which no-one wanted to buy.  Boring.

Then I got a job offloading 50kg bags of cement from a lorry all day long for two weeks straight.  Tiring.

Made me realise I'd better get myself an ejucation like real quick.