Squier Pro Tone

What's Hot
blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
Hello there 

Anyone had any experience with this range from korea? 

Some folks seem seem to think they are very good indeed and Fender had to stop producing as they were that good??? 

Anyone wise about this ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    Some of the range punched well above their weight for the money. Some get Alnico rod magnet pickups where rival products might be stud poles and underslung ceramic bar magnets. The licensed Floyd Rose vibratos are shite. Some of the router and drill work can be cock-eyed. Caveat emptor. 

If you find a nice one, buy it.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I’ve had two teles and played some of the strats.  They’re decent guitars but not any better than a squier cv imho and like the cvs both my teles had pretty skinny necks.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Adam_MD said:
    I’ve had two teles and played some of the strats.  They’re decent guitars but not any better than a squier cv imho and like the cvs both my teles had pretty skinny necks.  
    this ^^^^
    had a protone tele and fat strat ok guitars but people want £350/£400 for them you can get a s/h classic vibe for £270

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    I had a thinline Tele a few years ago, it was really nice and I gigged it, but I wouldn’t pay what some people want for them now.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    blueskunk said:
    Hello there 

Some folks seem seem to think they are very good indeed and Fender had to stop producing as they were that good??? 

I'd assume that was some folks who were trying to sell one. I don't see any company stopping making something because it was too good, as it would then be something that might be sold for a bigger profit.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3171
    tFB Trader
    I had a white Pro Tone Strat that was incredible, super resonant and mega comfortable to play. Oh so perfect neck shape.

Tuners and bridge let it down mind, but they were upgraded pretty quickly.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    Yes, I have the Fat Tele and it's very nice indeed.  Modern bridge instead of the vintage type.  Excellent neck.  Had to replace the bridge pickup because it stopped working for some reason but overall it's an excellent instrument and plays very well.  Price is in the eye of the beholder but surely £350 for a well-made and super-playable instrument isn't unreasonable.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    I had a fat Tele at one time. Nicely put together and sounded good, but it had a really thick poly finish and weighed a lot.