Volume box for HRD - anyone added a capacitor?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    SteveF said:
    Thanks @ICBM I'll have to explore the drive channel a bit more then.  I found it quite... I'm not sure of the right word... maybe nasal is the best description when I tried it, but to be fair I haven't played with it a huge amount.  I tend to use the clean channel with a pedal for some gain.  I love the sound of the clean channel.  For more gainy stuff I tend to use my Sheriff at the moment. 
    On the Blues the drive channel isn't really for a lot of gain, it's for giving more of a 'pushed' sound. On the Hotrod it's more of a proper overdrive channel, but a lot of people still don't get on with it - I think because it sounds very much like an overdriven Fender, not like a Marshall.

To fix your pedalboard problem you need a patch box, so you can use either 4CM or straight into the front by connecting the two parts together with a patch cable when you're going into the front - or have the box built with a switching jack to do it automatically.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    Thanks :) a patch box is also on the ‘to build’ list! :lol: shouldn’t take long but I keep getting distracted by more pedals to build! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom