Boss Collectors Club Free Pedal

builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 461
Has anyone participated in the Boss Collectors Club? has anyone earned their free pedal - if so what did they go for?
Going by my account I’ve earned three stamps and still have time to earn a free boss pedal. However, I need to purchase one more to qualify, half tempted to grab a £45 SD-1 just so that I don’t miss out on this offer. According to T&C I can only get a boss pedal with a maximum of €119 RSP so that doesn’t really give me a lot of choice, damn it I can’t get a DD-3. What would you go for?

https://www.bosscollectors.com/pedal-rsps/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7829
    FRV-1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FRV-1
    Good choice! Forgot about that one
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    Hasn't the FRV-1 been discontinued?
  • Sassafras said:
    Hasn't the FRV-1 been discontinued?
    Thinking about it yes it has, Damn this!
  • If you use it with drive, the Multi Overtone is quite interesting 

If you use it without drive it sounds awful though
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72740

According to T&C I can only get a boss pedal with a maximum of €119 RSP so that doesn’t really give me a lot of choice, damn it I can’t get a DD-3. What would you go for?

Cynically, the FZ-5 or ST-2, because they're the most expensive ones that qualify. (The AD-2 is pretty useless as far as I can tell.)

The one I would actually want is the Anniversary Edition DS-1.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• joetelejoetele Frets: 953
    ICBM said:

According to T&C I can only get a boss pedal with a maximum of €119 RSP so that doesn’t really give me a lot of choice, damn it I can’t get a DD-3. What would you go for?

Cynically, the FZ-5 or ST-2, because they're the most expensive ones that qualify. (The AD-2 is pretty useless as far as I can tell.)

The one I would actually want is the Anniversary Edition DS-1.

The FZ-5 is fun, too. Yes, it's digital, and no, it doesn't quite succeed with mimicking the 3 classic fuzzes it's supposed to, but in its own right, it's a fun pedal that can do thick, heavy but articulate fuzz, or glitchy, raspy stuff. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 461
    edited January 2019
    Some interesting and good choices here, I'm intrigued! never tried a DS-1 just because of all the bad rap it seems to get, the 40th Anniversary DS-1 seems to have had a bit of a work over compared to the standard one. through hole components rather that surface mounted.   
  • How do you prove/register a pedal purchase?
  • How do you prove/register a pedal purchase?
    If you've signed up to Boss Collectors & Pedal Perks you just upload your store receipt/invoice, select date you purchased, which store you purchased it from and you just give the serial number of your pedal, the 5 year pedal warranty is automatically registered this way too, although I think the deadline has passed for new customers to take advantage of pedal perks. 
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Isn't this open to an easy scam of buying a pedal, registering it with them then returning it?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    Maybe that’s why they seemingly closed it down to new participants so abruptly last year...