What UK studios have you recorded at/ would recommend?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    Nerine said:
    It's a funny position being an engineer/producer. Your work is what gets you work. So you have to be careful who you associate yourself with sometimes.
    Is that why you didn't reply to my PM?  :P
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    Nerine said:
    But a few days recording with me, for a four track EP or something is definitely not having it PRODUCED by me.

It's a funny position being an engineer/producer. Your work is what gets you work. So you have to be careful who you associate yourself with sometimes.

Fortunately, I manage to at least turn the worst dog shit into something that at least SOUNDS good. The song writing could be an absolute basket of waste, but y'know.
    And then it says that I produced it. Yeah. Fuck right off.

A no go for me.
    must say i would never hold it against a producer if a band wrote crap songs. At any level. If they sounded great despite the material I'd give him/her kudos for polishing a turd

• Nerine;152181" said:

I know, I do it myself, but if someone wanted to hire me for tracking and not mixing I'd be perfectly fine with that. You can sort out the credit business beforehand - including discussing the right to not have your name associated with it if you don't want to.

Withholding material that the client owns and has paid for, on the other hand, is not on.

If a band tracked the best sounding tracks in the world with me and paid me for that work, then took them away to be murdered in a shit mix, it wouldn't be my problem. But I'd make sure my name was not down as a producer or a mix engineer.

As far as I'm concerned, they pay me to do what they want me to do. Once they've paid, they own the recordings.
    Not the model boy of the village
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    MadHat in west midlands. THey're really professional and friendly, and only use old recording gear so it sounds really clear and wicked.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11921

Giant wafer in mid wales (well, near Llandrindod Wells). Top spec studio, very cheap, and cheap accommodation too

Lovely owner/engineer

• pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Any in north west England?