NGD #3 - EBMM Steve Morse Starry Night

What's Hot
BowksBowks Frets: 414
I'm playing catch up on here, as I actually picked this up in November, but I hope it's better late than never!

This is a guitar that I could have and should have purchased 30 years ago, when I had a Saturday job at one of the UK's first Music Man dealers, the now defunct Ealing Music. 

This is another of the Starry Night limited run, so it has a roasted maple neck, an ebony fingerboard and stainless steel frets, as well as a very sparkly finish! Pics are courtesy of the dealer that originally sold it, as the light isn't great in the man cave for photos.

It's a very versatile guitar in terms of sounds and didn't take too long to get my head around the pickup switching, although I might change the wiring of the 3 way blade as the standard configuration switches from bridge, then neck, then middle pickup. I'll change it to the more conventional bridge, middle, neck set up. 
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BowksBowks Frets: 414
    A little video showing just how sparkly it is!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA2XrN3LNtM
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Beautiful, that's the first EBMM i've seen that I liked.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Doesn't have enough pickups for me
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    thegummy said:
    Doesn't have enough pickups for me
    I was toying with a piezo bridge and changing the single coils for Hot Rails, then adding phase switching ;-)
    King85 said:
    Beautiful, that's the first EBMM i've seen that I liked.
    Thanks!
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    My wife bought me a Y2D for Xmas, I love it. Thankfully it had a simplified control layout, I think me head would have exploded with yours!

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616

Love the starry night finish. Great snag. I have the purple sunset Y2D and original blueburst version of yours

I bet that roasted neck feels sublime ? The normal ones are superb but bet that takes it up a notch. You need that video to truly appreciate it. Pics don't do it justice. I'm a jealous bunny

• Saw some of these in peach guitars last year. That starry night finish looks absolutely incredible in person. Love it!
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7797
    edited January 2019
    That's awesome! My wife says its the best looking guitar she's ever seen! My jealous Albert Lee's gonna fall on her foot tonight
    Saw some of these in peach guitars last year. That starry night finish looks absolutely incredible in person. Love it!
    It's a beauty for sure!
    That's awesome! My wife says its the best looking guitar she's ever seen! My jealous Albert Lee's gonna fall on her foot tonight
    Sounds to me like you've been told to treat yourself a Starry Night Albert Lee!