Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Dilemma - PRS has ruined my life!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4263
    It's like those trousers you can buy in the back of magazines, with adjustable waste bands etc. They are probably nicely made, and make a lot of sense functionally, but they look fucking terrible, deeply uncool, and people are going to laugh at you.

So stick with your R8.

And your jeans.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Following spinal surgery I prefer my PRS CU24 to a Lester by a long way. No one looks cool hobbling .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Can't do nowt about the silly clownburst (bought used so no choice over finish) but I do think the covered pickups I put on my SE do make the guitar look better. 

Mine isn't clown burst, but covered pickups would improve it immeasurably 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3331
    edited January 2019
    I’m a big lover of prs guitars (although currently don’t own any). I’ve had SE’s to Core models and the best of the bunch for me where the S2’s. 
    Particullary the Satin finished models. Once funds allow I’m buying back a Standard 24 and a Vela. 
    Perhaps you’d also be content with an S2, pretty cheap second hand and you’d get to keep the R8?
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    edited January 2019
    I really rate the SE series. The 2 Bernie's and SE245 I played were on par and better than some Gibsons I've played. Still heavy though but the ergonomics are so much better than a traditional style LP and they were so lively and resonant. The upper fret access is great.

I've wanted a doublecut Soapbar SE for ages, looks great in the plaintop tobaccoburst and the moon inlay is better than the birds. The older ones have different necks don't they? I don't remember them being as cumbersome as the current wide fat.

Anyone saying PRS aren't cool, Leon Todd plays them and he seems pretty cool. And I've seen loads of younger bands playing them too, more so than Gibson anyway.
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    I'm surprised by the lack of love for the zebra prick ups I love them - I always disliked the boring looking tin covers :(
  • Nikc said:
    I'm surprised by the lack of love for the zebra prick ups I love them - I always disliked the boring looking tin covers :(
    I do like zebras in some guitars, I just don't think they suite the PRS SE.

• NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Nikc said:
    I'm surprised by the lack of love for the zebra prick ups I love them - I always disliked the boring looking tin covers
    I do like zebras in some guitars, I just don't think they suite the PRS SE.
    Well that's the great thing (I like the look of your guitar btw even the clown burst :)) - I prefer the Santana shape but I dislike whammy bars so never have it attached, but I really love the pick ups ;)