Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I wish someone would invent...

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11298
    I've been changing duvet covers like this for years, it's the most logical way of doing things. It takes seconds, and you don't need the wingspan of a golden eagle to do it.

I never imagined there were other ways of doing it, it just seems so straightforward.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nitefly said:
    Nitefly said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    @gringopig my ex gf showed me how to do that (before she was ex). probably the most useful thing she ever showed me
    She makes it look easy because she’s only doing it with a single.  Try it with a King on your own!
    I shall do exactly that in the morning, with a match report.

Well, I did it this morning, with a king-size duvet, and in all honesty it didn't seem any quicker than my usual method.  The biggest issue was getting the duvet cover inside-out in the first place.  Also I'm only 5'8" so I don't really have a wide-enough span.

I like the smiling lady though.

I'm only 5'7", and I usually manage it OK - you just need to jostle it around a bit.

The thing is...the first time you do it, it's a pain in the ass because the duvet cover wasn't already inside out. Next time you take the duvet cover off, just peel it off and wash it inside-out as she did...then, from that point onward, you're pretty much set.
    <space for hire>
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    I don't stand on the bed to make it but otherwise that's a pretty standard way to change a duvet. Although we have a super king sized bed with two single duvets so they are relatively easy. 

Back to inventions - all cars to be fitted with a device that zaps people who throw cigarette ends out of the window. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24314
    mgaw said:
    something that stops @Emp_Fab creating click bait nonsense threads ALL the time...I know how about a job:)
    How about a keyboard that stops working when you're about to piss over someone's inoffensive (and, it turns out, popular) off-topic thread ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    gringopig said:
    A machine which would change the duvet sheet and get all the corners snug and filled so you don't pull up a flappy bit of duvet cover to your face when getting comfy.
    You don't need one, just do this @gringopig ;

Watch from 1:12

I bet you watch it more than once as well ;)
    Surely this is a job for your domestic helper?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24314
    A permanent system on cars that backs off the throttle if you're approaching a speed camera and over the speed limit.  Nobody would ever get fined then (and no, I haven't before you suggest it !).

You could extend that to not allowing the handbrake to be applied if you're in a disabled space without authority, or any number of rules that get flaunted regularly.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
  • Emp_Fab said:
    A permanent system on cars that backs off the throttle if you're approaching a speed camera and over the speed limit.  Nobody would ever get fined then (and no, I haven't before you suggest it !).
    You mean like lessons teaching people how to drive properly?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Emp_Fab said:
    You mean like lessons teaching people how to drive properly?

I think we will get to the driverless car as the norm long before we get to all drivers following the law. 1 million uninsured cars on the road in the UK, presumably driverless soft ware could stop those cars being driven. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    octatonic said:
    gringopig said:
    A machine which would change the duvet sheet and get all the corners snug and filled so you don't pull up a flappy bit of duvet cover to your face when getting comfy.
    You don't need one, just do this @gringopig ;

Watch from 1:12

I bet you watch it more than once as well ;)
    Surely this is a job for your domestic helper?
    I lolled that, but mostly out of recognition :D

Our helper/cleaner is 4'11 at best and still manages with a superking. I genuinely have no idea how.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    ICBM said:
    Mine would be a hardware multi-FX unit which doesn't come with any actual effects, but instead allows you to buy them online and download into the unit via wi-fi or Bluetooth, like a universal version of TC Toneprint crossed with the App Store, accessed from a phone or tablet. Each module should have a number of physical knobs to control the main parameters in use, and further tweakability from the remote device. Independent developers would have access to the store to sell their own creations.

I may be overlooking something like this that already exists, but if it does I haven't come across it.
    There was the now discontinued Digitech iStomp, granted not a multi-FX but it used the same concept. 
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3455
    A microwave that cools beer in 20 seconds! Awesome.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom