Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mid life crisis

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Somewhere there is a van driver dreaming of becoming a pig wanker.

I hope never to meet him (or her).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3589
    octatonic said:
    Somewhere there is a van driver dreaming of becoming a pig wanker.

I hope never to meet him (or her).
    I recall reading that Bulls semen was one of the most expensive commodities. I dare say a particular winning race horse might top that ml for ml.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    edited January 2019
    MODS: Can we keep this on topic, rather than get into the specifics of animal artificial insemination ? That'd be great thanks ! 
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    Jalapeno said:
    MODS: Can we keep this on topic, rather than get into the specifics of animal artificial insemination ? That'd be great thanks ! 
    Or we could combine the two and talk about how David Cameron went from the pressure of PM to a stress free job in the farming industry......
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10410
    There was a Black Mirror episode where the PM had to fuck a pig ! 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    MODS: Come on chaps, Behind Closed Doors is beckoning ........

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah guys, can we stop oinking around please?! ;)

Bye!

Yeah guys, can we stop oinking around please?! ;)
    Oi !   I'm doing my best ........

Feedback
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4099
    edited January 2019
    My midlife crisis has turned in to a mockery.   Based on this thread I'm sure to stop taking holidays, eat from Aldi, risk living in a septic tank and wank off pigs at the weekend to be able to send my kids to school in a white van. 

Apart from that,  great views all round. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    My midlife crisis has turned in to a mockery.   Based on this thread I'm sure to stop taking holidays, eat from Aldi, risk living in a septic tank and wank off pigs at the weekend to be able to send my kids to school in a white van. 

well it's not called a 'crisis' for nothing

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ....to be able to send my kids to school in a white van. 

Mate just write free sweets on the side of it, it's much easier!

Bye!

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11297
    Well you've got your plan, now go and live the dream.
  • I may have made similar comments before, but after losing the best paid job I'd ever had, as a s/w eng, I ended up in a house that I viewed as temporary (although mine and paid for) doing p/t jobs I didn't like and wasn't much good at while trying to build up a private guitar teaching practice. The bank crash basically put paid to that idea (even the people WITH money who hadn't lost their jobs were crying off), and because of the nature of the area I was living in getting decent gigs was seemingly impossible.

It nearly ended in tears, with the dole office telling me that if I went to an evening band practice I was "making myself unavailable for work", where "work" meant cleaning jobs. Nothing wrong with cleaning, it's honest work and someone has to do it but I didn't want to. I was very lucky to get taken on as a s/w eng by an employer who paid me half of what my previous s/w eng job did. It was, however, my route back into the trade.

I am now in another s/w eng job, getting paid pots of money. I don't really like the "company culture" but hopefully this is the last job I will need before retirement and the money is the reason I'm putting up with it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    I may have made similar comments before, but after losing the best paid job I'd ever had, as a s/w eng, I ended up in a house that I viewed as temporary (although mine and paid for) doing p/t jobs I didn't like and wasn't much good at while trying to build up a private guitar teaching practice. The bank crash basically put paid to that idea (even the people WITH money who hadn't lost their jobs were crying off), and because of the nature of the area I was living in getting decent gigs was seemingly impossible.

It nearly ended in tears, with the dole office telling me that if I went to an evening band practice I was "making myself unavailable for work", where "work" meant cleaning jobs. Nothing wrong with cleaning, it's honest work and someone has to do it but I didn't want to. I was very lucky to get taken on as a s/w eng by an employer who paid me half of what my previous s/w eng job did. It was, however, my route back into the trade.

I am now in another s/w eng job, getting paid pots of money. I don't really like the "company culture" but hopefully this is the last job I will need before retirement and the money is the reason I'm putting up with it.
    Is there not an option of going freelance when you are financially stable, and pick & choose the roles you fancy as and when you want ?

Feedback
  • Agree about staying in a higher-paying job and just not giving a sh!t lol... 
    Sheena also told me always told be an Indian and never a chief and I'm going to stick to that advice.
  • Jalapeno said:
    I may have made similar comments before, but after losing the best paid job I'd ever had, as a s/w eng, I ended up in a house that I viewed as temporary (although mine and paid for) doing p/t jobs I didn't like and wasn't much good at while trying to build up a private guitar teaching practice. The bank crash basically put paid to that idea (even the people WITH money who hadn't lost their jobs were crying off), and because of the nature of the area I was living in getting decent gigs was seemingly impossible.

Is there not an option of going freelance when you are financially stable, and pick & choose the roles you fancy as and when you want ?

That might become necessary but I hope it won't because it is hassle. The Technical Director believes in "teamwork" by which he means everybody working in each others' pockets for fixed hours on the company's site. I think he's marked my card because I don't mean that at all by "teamwork". I reckon that if you divvy up the work properly and define the interfaces between the work packages before giving them out then you can have people working independently and remotely and you can still expect the project to work when it is integrated. Natch, while you're deciding what the packages and the interfaces between them should be, it is worth having people together to talk about it. If the jobs are Production Line or Customer Support between fixed hours then someone has to be there, so that bit isn't in dispute. Anyway I said something he disagreed with so it is possible I might just need to go freelance at some stage ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Somewhere there is a van driver dreaming of becoming a pig wanker.

now thats a job our careers advisor never told us about