NGD Pinkness

What's Hot
King85King85 Frets: 631
edited January 2019 in Guitar
End of last week I finally received the Christmas present that my girlfriend had got me and boy it was worth the wait.

It was supposed to be a Christmas surprise but due to Andertons not receiving the shipment from their supliers it was pushed back several times. I had mentioned I really liked the look of these when they had intially came and it was an amazing suprise when she told me she'd got me one!

I'm sure its not to everyone's but i love it and it plays and feels amazing. The smell of the neck wood is really good and I find my self sniffing it every so often which is mildly worrying. The amount of tone options from the five positions is really diverse, it hold tune well and its nice and light to boot.

The nut did need a bit of tidying up as it had some rough edges and there was a buzzing from the B string as one of the grub screws on the saddle wasn't positioned properly. I don't think Andertons makes an attempt at any sort of setup regardless of what Lee may claim on his videos.

2reaction image LOL 25reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    It's lovely
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Gorgeous!  I like pink guitars.  Top gf too by the sound of it!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27024
    That's awesome in a cheesy over the top yet somehow still relatively subtle considering it's pink sort of way.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    Sweet....love a pink guitar
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    It's lovely looking guitar, not my choice of colour, but still looks amazing.  Bet it play amazing?
    What's the crack with the neck wood?  It's a lovely coloured wood, what is it?
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    That's awesome in a cheesy over the top yet somehow still relatively subtle considering it's pink sort of way.

Haha, yeah. I love it!
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Wonky said:
    It's lovely looking guitar, not my choice of colour, but still looks amazing.  Bet it play amazing?
    What's the crack with the neck wood?  It's a lovely coloured wood, what is it?
    It's a "caramelized maple" neck which means it's been baked so the moistures been taken out of it according to what I've heard.

The neck is lovely, Matt finish which is my preference with rolled edges and jumbo frets which I've not had before.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Surely needs a Hello Kitty sticker
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2950
    King85 said:
    The smell of the neck wood is really good and I find my self sniffing it every so often which is mildly worrying. 
    There nothin' wrong with sniffing guitars! You can enjoy the way they feel, look, sound AND smell - it's all legal. :)

Great taste in girlfriends too! ;)
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Gorgeous - hadn't realised those were out already....
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Yeah, I really want one of these !
  • Lovely! I bought a Charvel just before Xmas, the neck is wonderful.

As everyone else is saying, it looks great in pink too :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Really like this
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    A real beauty! I love Charvels. What a great GF to get such a wonderful pressie.
  • ionianionian Frets: 100
    The guitar looks great, pink guitars are the business and this one has class.

But the real question is (and maybe the pink guitar is bringing out my feminine side): what is going on with your carpet? The weave is so thick, it makes the guitar look diddy... 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22890
    I think as superstrats go, these look really cool and they're not too expensive either.  How big is the neck?  Pretty slimline I assume...
    ionian said:

But the real question is (and maybe the pink guitar is bringing out my feminine side): what is going on with your carpet? The weave is so thick, it makes the guitar look diddy... 

It just a rug in the front room lol but I can see what you mean.
    Philly_Q said:
    I think as superstrats go, these look really cool and they're not too expensive either.  How big is the neck?  Pretty slimline I assume...
    Yeah it feels nice in the hand I've not experienced enough guitars to have a calibrated hand where I can feel too much of a difference tbh but it feels similar to my squier tele width wide but nice and flat due to the compound radius. 
  • grayngrayn Frets: 882
    Pale (shell) pink really works with that gorgeous fretboard.
    Congrats on guitar and girlfriend.
  • ionian said:

:D that's almost exactly what my wife said when I showed her the picture!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom