Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your Signature Model....

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• A Gretsch. Probably a 6120 style guitar but hot rod electronics (just a switch and a volume), TV Jones pickups, green sparkle paint and cats eye f holes.... and a little silver (actual silver) plate on the headstock with my name on it.... oh, and the headstock would be a lightbulb shape like the G400JV. Think I’m happy now. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9676
    Something like a Pacifica 611 (coil tap HB / P90) but with a maple fretboard, and without the torty guard. 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Danny1969 said:

I actually had a signature guitar made to my spec by Sims in Kent, not because I'm some great player I'm not but my band had a sponsor and we all got guitars made for us.

I chose a Strat shaped guitar but made in a Les Paul Mahogany body \ maple cap way with a Strat looking neck that is gibson scale length and profiled from my fave 1986 Les Paul I was playing at the time. Pickups are EMG's, just one volume and a kill switch

The paint job isn't to everyone's taste but I like it

That was made for me in 2008 I think ........... to be honest if I was asked now I would probably just pick an off the shelf Telecaster 
    spec's wise that's right up my street... looks like a wonderful instrument
    play every note as if it were your first
    Philly_Q said:

You know how people who are a bit crap and/or not very famous get their signature guitars made by Squier or Epiphone rather than Fender or Gibson?  Then they say "I wanted it to be affordable for the fans".

Mine would have to be made by whoever makes these.

Related image

do they do those in a leftie?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22879
    Clarky said:
    Philly_Q said:

You know how people who are a bit crap and/or not very famous get their signature guitars made by Squier or Epiphone rather than Fender or Gibson?  Then they say "I wanted it to be affordable for the fans".

Related image

Nah.  So while you're out there pretending to have a good time with the David Cross Band, I'll know you'll really be wishing you were me with my Spongebob sig model.  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    Clarky said:
    Philly_Q said:

Related image

Nah.  So while you're out there pretending to have a good time with the David Cross Band, I'll know you'll really be wishing you were me with my Spongebob sig model.  ;)
    you leave me no choice but to award a wis.. lol..
  • Hmmm... I think at the moment my ideal guitar would be a Charvel San Dimas, mine does everything I need... my sig model would have a reverse headstock though, that's the only thing I'd change.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• I'd be looking at a Custom 24 / Tremonti hybrid - which would probably end up becoming a thinner Tremonti!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1293
    I'd have an EBMM axis super sport with an angled pickup switch, jumbo frets and a wider neck at the nut. Heaven for me.