Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Young Brian May watching Old Brian May play

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2609
in Guitar tFB Trader

Ha...  Something kinda cool about that  :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72368
    There's got to be a time travel joke in there somewhere...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Worth it for the Groot t-shirt alone.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    Not a Badger in sight
    May needs a haircut.......when hair goes grey and is still that long it looks very sad old rocker
    May also looks like that pillock that is on Top Gear/Grand Tour.....same name too
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22888
    Even though the other bloke is just an actor in a wig, it's kind of unnerving to watch the pair of them together.
  • Dominic said:
    Not a Badger in sight
    May needs a haircut.......when hair goes grey and is still that long it looks very sad old rocker
    May also looks like that pillock that is on Top Gear/Grand Tour.....same name too
    Three questions;

Can an you compose and play as well as ‘ old rocker ‘ May ?

Are you as bald as a coot ?

Jealous much ?

3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22888
    Ah, the tried and trusted "criticism = jealousy" argument.  Haven't seen that for a little while.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader

Hahaha..   That's brilliant.. He got to do his own opening theme for 20th Century Fox  :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Never was a big fan of Queen, but I'll fight anyone who doesn't think Brian May is one of the coolest to ever pick up a guitar.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Tenebrous said:
    Never was a big fan of Queen, but I'll fight anyone who doesn't think Brian May is one of the coolest to ever pick up a guitar.
    You’re heading for a good old fashioned arse whooping then ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2955
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7011
    Rabs said:

Hahaha..   That's brilliant.. He got to do his own opening theme for 20th Century Fox  :)

20th Century Fox should just use that for all their opening credits from now on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Just hearing him play that reminds me that Brian is one of the most unique and recognisable guitarists ever. He really did create his own sound.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    He's a great player but that sound is so shrill it could split paving slabs.
    Never really liked Queen even though they're all good musicians.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    Dominic said:
    Not a Badger in sight
    Three questions;

Can an you compose and play as well as ‘ old rocker ‘ May ?

Are you as bald as a coot ?

Jealous much ?

3 Answers ;
     1) Brian May would leave me standing on the guitar but can he play Piano ?
          I have 49 years experience as a grade 8 Classical Pianist and about 25 years experience as a Jazz Pianist 
          I still don't see the relevance - Chacun a son Gout
    2)  No ,I have a full head of Salt and Pepper greyed hair cut in a style that suits a man of 57 and in tune with this century
    3) No not jealous in the least of his personal grooming / aesthetic
         Yes; jealous of his Royalties / Pension but my wife is 25 years younger and better looking than Anita Dobson
          Still don't see the relevance
    I am slightly jealous of the fact that he was good friends with Patrick Moore who would have been a delightful eccentric companion.
    I was generally commenting on his Hairstyle not his guitar ability, composition ability or Astronomy prowess (which is pretty serious )

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 719

Would it make you happy if he dyed his hair then?

It used to be his clogs that people slagged him off for, now it seems to be his hair.

• ColsCols Frets: 7011
    Sassafras said:
    In isolation it’s like an ice pick to the eardrum.  Put it in a band context, and it cuts through beautifully.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • XandoorXandoor Frets: 6
    edited January 2019
    Cols said:
    Sassafras said:
    In isolation it’s like an ice pick to the eardrum.  Put it in a band context, and it cuts through beautifully.
    It's because of the treble booster he uses. That through the top boost of an AC-30 is like an ice pick between the eyes, but you're right. It works wonderfully in the mix (and he often gets beautiful overtones, im not sure if that's some weird technique or and effect of the top boost).

Edit: On second thoughts I don't know if he used the normal or top boost input. Maybe someone knows better than me.

Am I the only one who can't see the point of that video?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Sassafras said:
    Well it's from when they filmed that scene, real Brian is showing actor Brian his rock star moves for him to copy. Then release it as a seperate video on social media to keep the marketing machine rolling for the film
    Sassafras said:
    Well it's from when they filmed that scene, real Brian is showing actor Brian his rock star moves for him to copy. Then release it as a seperate video on social media to keep the marketing machine rolling for the film
    Sounds fascinating!   =)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom