I know I shouldn’t

Amongst my peers my hatred for the recording process is very well known, but as I’ve got a vague reputation as someone what knows, I still get asked to help. Tonight’s little issue was can I help with MIDI and Protools and windows 10. Getting the program to see controller in no problem, getting the external device to receive the midi signal piece of piss, getting the instrument channel to record MiDI data simple, getting the the VST Synth assigned to that channel to make any noise at all  3 hours and no joy, triggering said synth with the mouse on installation no problem.
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Try routing the midi track out into an instrument track w the plugin assigned.
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    What was the synth?

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14435
    VST Synth
    plugin
    Erm, why is the offending software instrument being run as a standalone VST on external MIDI rather than as a plug-in inserted on the appropriate MIDI track?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    I feel your pain, but am not sure what you are trying to do? record the midi data on a midi track, then bus it to an instrument track-with the appropriate plugin, usually AAX on PT, send audio to another audio track which is record enabled. There is a workaround for VST in PT, but I gave up and got into Reaper instead. Best afternoon I ever spent.
  • Is the instrument track record-armed?