Stupid stupid GAS..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6134
    Uuummm I succumbed.. :3
    Juno where offering a good price on it with an extra discount on top.. so I gave into the GAS.

And it's feckin' amazing! Like.. uber Wow!
    The Rhodes are just jaw dropping.. incredible.
    I mean Lounge Lizard is good, really good,but Keyscape just knocks it out the park.

The sound and feel make me want to practise extended jazz voicings cos its so lush.
    When I rest my hand on the board you can hear the key movement underneath the note, when playing the Rhodes 1 suitcase it is every bit as spongy and gloriously muddy as the one I used to own back in the mid 80s.

For the first time ever, I feel like I'm playing the real thing.. the way it reacts makes you forget it's a plugin library.
    Before, there was always this sense of - it's not quite right dammit - but now I don't even think about it I'm too busy just tying to play it.

And I haven't even started on all the other instruments yet.. :)

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well since you're crying out for a voice of reason....the sounds in that first vid clearly won't cut through a wall of down-tuned distorted guitars........
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    hywelg said:
    So no then.. ..don't waste your money.  An overdriven c3 is the finest sound on the planet. 
    Wisdom !

Plus "Wot no Mellotron strings / choir ?"
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Well since you're crying out for a voice of reason....the sounds in that first vid clearly won't cut through a wall of down-tuned distorted guitars........
    And there I was hoping to do my djent cover of Billy Joel's  'Just The Way You Are'  B)
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    After you get Keyscape you'll start jonesing for Omnisphere, since there is a humongous bank of presets/sounds that utilise both sound sets. Then you'll start gassing for hardware synths, since Omnisphere now has a humongous bank of presets that combine its own engine with the onboard sounds of a huge pile of third-party hardware - everything from Yamaha Refaces to Moogs to Sequential Prophets etc... the rabbit hole goes deep. Before you know it, all your guitars will be for sale!
    edited February 2019
    Whitecat said:
    After you get Keyscape you'll start jonesing for Omnisphere, since there is a humongous bank of presets/sounds that utilise both sound sets. Then you'll start gassing for hardware synths, since Omnisphere now has a humongous bank of presets that combine its own engine with the onboard sounds of a huge pile of third-party hardware - everything from Yamaha Refaces to Moogs to Sequential Prophets etc... the rabbit hole goes deep. Before you know it, all your guitars will be for sale!
    Oh.. I've got Omnisphere already @Whitecat. In fact when you install Keyscape it embeds itself into Omnisphere and provides an additional library of patches that mix Omnisphere and Keyscape sounds together.. which is very cool.  :)
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Glad you went for it  & are enjoying it!
  • equalsql said:
    Whitecat said:
    Oh.. I've got Omnisphere already @Whitecat. In fact when you install Keyscape it embeds itself into Omnisphere and provides an additional library of patches that mix Omnisphere and Keyscape sounds together.. which is very cool.  :)
    that kind of thing is totally badass
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    duotone said:
    Glad you went for it  & are enjoying it!
    Massively @duotone , since getting it I've spent hours on the keyboard experimenting with those rich closely voiced neo-soul chord structures that sound so lush on the Rhodes. It's just a blast. :grin: