Does it ever do your head in when you record practices and then can't tell what you were playing?

Does it ever do your head in when you record practices and then can't tell what you were playing? Like when you record on a phone for instance, and then need to re-learn jammed parts later on?

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oh god yes. Worst ones are when I've just recorded an idea quickly at home, and then later discovered that my guitar was tuned to somewhere between 2 notes so I can't even try and jam along!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• yes
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • All the time, me too.
    Similarly, it really annoys me when I work out a good part, successfully use it live, forget to write it down, and a month or two later cannot for the life of me remember the fingering, inversion or whatever.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10894
    I got the cheapest zoom portable recorder for recording rehearsals.  Definitely a big improvement over using a phone, you can hear exactly what everyone's doing.  Bang a bit of reverb and compression on and it even starts to sound pretty good, although obviously you won't be performing any miracles
  • No. As long as I can hear it ok, I can figure it out.
    Ive had to learn stuff back off recordings many times.
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • No. As long as I can hear it ok, I can figure it out.
    Ive had to learn stuff back off recordings many times.
    Yeah but what if you can't hear it okay? What do you do in that case?

Bye!