Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PRS SE Silver Sky?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2387
    Whitecat said:
    Unsurprisingly there is a price increase on the SS too... £100 more dear for a 2019 model. 
    I think most guitars are on the up again. I noticed the new NAMM models from the Fender Custom Shop were up approx $300.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5428
    Strat54 said:
    Whitecat said:
    Unsurprisingly there is a price increase on the SS too... £100 more dear for a 2019 model. 
    I think most guitars are on the up again. I noticed the new NAMM models from the Fender Custom Shop were up approx $300.
    Yup, to be expected from them too for sure. Surely those are going to hit a ceiling soon though...
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 246
    I havent played one and im a massive mayer fan.  I dont know why someone would buy one of these over a CS fender...

visually the SS looks like a £600 guitar
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Th4fonz said:
    I havent played one and im a massive mayer fan.  I dont know why someone would buy one of these over a CS fender...

Me neither but I don't really know why someone would buy a CS Fender over a normal Fender either.

Always thought the SS was just so their poster child can play what's basically the guitar he likes while still being branded PRS.

Maybe neither of us having played one is why we don't understand - maybe they're just that nice to play?
  • frownfrown Frets: 32
    Liking the new colours. Still hating that headstock.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    Really liking them new colours, still wouldn't buy one over a Fender though.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Th4fonz said:

Visually a NOS CS Strat looks like a good squire, so I don't know what you're getting at there ;)

I do like the green, though! We don't have anywhere near enough green guitars.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10244
    Funny that they’ve cut the headstock out of the pictures...
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 246
    Tenebrous said:
    Th4fonz said:

Visually a NOS CS Strat looks like a good squire, so I don't know what you're getting at there ;)

I do like the green, though! We don't have anywhere near enough green guitars.

True but there are many amazing looking strats.  There is only one silver sky.  Too me it looks like a low end PRS SE to begin with.

I'll still give one a try though...
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    I like the new colours. Does anyone know if they are continuing with the original colours as well, or replacing them?
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Meh 
  • Loving the new colours - I’ll have one of these some day, when they’re used, and cheaper.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    The blue/teal one is nice
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    I'd be fine with the Teal. Have more issue with the neck radius than the cosmetics TBH.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    Played a silver Sky for the first time today. Looks OK, sounds lovely especially in positions 2 & 4,  neck profile was nice but I’m no fan of the 7.25 fretboard radius, particularly when playing above 12th fret. But the worst of all was the ugly and cheap feeling knobs and switch. The switch tip actually broke in two while I changed pickup settings. That’s a first! Meh, my CS Strat has nothing to worry about.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 985
    I like the new colours, but there are many more PRS models I would buy before I bought the Silver Sky model.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Played a silver Sky for the first time today. Looks OK, sounds lovely especially in positions 2 & 4,  neck profile was nice but I’m no fan of the 7.25 fretboard radius, particularly when playing above 12th fret. But the worst of all was the ugly and cheap feeling knobs and switch. The switch tip actually broke in two while I changed pickup settings. That’s a first! Meh, my CS Strat has nothing to worry about.
    Seriously?

What did they say in the shop?
  • Nice new colours but I’d still buy a real Fender Stratocaster if I needed another Strat style guitar. PRS are probably selling quite a few Silver Stars but I’m not quite sure who to. Maybe people who hate the Fender headstock shape but quite like the rest of the Strat.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    They were cool about it, I’m a repeat customer and knew I wasn’t mistreating it. It was a weird break too, not like it was two halves glued together, odd!