Fender Classic player 60's Strat

What's Hot
Any CP60s strat owners here?

I'm a little intrigued by them but would want a neck with a little more heft than your standard C profile that fender stick on absolutely everything these days - What does the CP60 strat wear neck wise? 

Can anyone help a brother out? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5795
    It’s quite a ‘should please most’ kind of profile. 

Not what you would call a chunky neck by any means but rounded enough, fretboard to back, to feel substantial in the hand 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9377
    Its been a while since I had one, but its not a "modern" c and got a little more of the 60s style feel. Think Fender oval c and its around there
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727
    edited January 2019

I have the neck off one.  It's not what you would call chunky but I hate skinny necks and this is fine.  More to it than their Modern C on the usual American ranges.

Note however it is flat with a 12 inch radius I believe.
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 883
    your standard C profile that fender stick on absolutely everything these days 

Played one a while ago and I would have said this ^ is exactly what it is. Seemed identical to my highway one in my hands. In fact didn`t buy it as it felt so similar.
  • newi123 said:
    your standard C profile that fender stick on absolutely everything these days 

Played one a while ago and I would have said this ^ is exactly what it is. Seemed identical to my highway one in my hands. In fact didn`t buy it as it felt so similar.

Grr
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 883
    On the other hand, the roadworn 60s I had was a bit bigger and felt properly vintage with its smaller radius, but still playable with large frets. Still miss that and would happily buy another!
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    1st and 12th fret specs, Fenders modern C is “820 to “870.

The classic player 60s (I used to own one) is “820 to “900 so very similar.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    mine is definitley fatter than a standard c shape 
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    mark123 said:
    mine is definitley fatter than a standard c shape 
    The specs listed above are direct from Fender. As with anything, individual guitars will vary slightly but not by a huge amount.
  • I believe the CP50s Strat has a bigger, more V-profiled neck so might be more your cup of tea? Pickups aren't quite as hot, but still really nice quality.

Personally I bought the 60s over the 50s due to the prettier colours. Looking cool is more important than neck comfort. ;)
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6772
    I have a 2006 model. Best neck I've ever played on anything.  It's a compound radius 12-16" if i recall correctly. 

A lot easier to get my tiny wee trump hands around than my 2014 Les Paul standard.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom