guitar cases - too tight?

What's Hot
thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
Soo finding a case that fits my yamaha superflighters has been a nightmare. 

Found a case that works with it as the lower bout on these is 35cm. (gator jaguar case)  however the case lid won't shut that easily.  Its the knobs on the guitar are sticking up into the padding.     The lid does shut without too much force, but is this going to cause any problems?   

Headstock/neck seem supported ok, (although the tuners are touching the bottom of the case..)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    edited January 2019
    Could you not tilt the body a little bit to take some pressure off the pots?
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    mbe said:
    Could you not tilt the body a little bit to take some pressure off the pots?
    No - I don't think so tbh
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Just pulling the knobs before you pack it and putting them back on when you take it out not an option?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72488
    Not ideal, but I would worry more about the back of the head touching the case. That’s a broken headstock waiting to happen.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3633
    thomasw88 said:
    Soo finding a case that fits my yamaha superflighters has been a nightmare. 

Found a case that works with it as the lower bout on these is 35cm. (gator jaguar case)  however the case lid won't shut that easily.  Its the knobs on the guitar are sticking up into the padding.     The lid does shut without too much force, but is this going to cause any problems?   

Headstock/neck seem supported ok, (although the tuners are touching the bottom of the case..)
    That's a calamity in the making.

Tuners should never touch in the case interior - get it out of there. 
    edited January 2019
    Ok guys on it!

so any suggestions for custom made cases that don't cost an arm and a leg?    
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72488
    Hiscox 335 case with the extra pads - which they will supply more of on request?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

spoke to the chaps at hiscox and ended up witb the 339 case.  It fits pretty well, although they sent me  some cushions as well.
  • aguirreaguirre Frets: 30
    I used a hiscox jaguar case with SF1000, I don't remember there being any issues with it

aguirre said:
    I used a hiscox jaguar case with SF1000, I don't remember there being any issues with it

possibly,  I did buy and send back a gator jag case, headstock was leaining against the floor of the case.    
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
    edited February 2019
    Buy this and sell the guitar it comes with:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113580717559

You're welcome
    i got one..

it was a Hiscox 339 case.  Little larger but works a treat.