SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB. Jazzmaster or Jaguar neck

What's Hot
Looking to build a Jazzmaster or a Jaguar. Don't mind which as I love them both. Let me know what you have. Or where I can get one in the UK. Preferably rosewood. Ta 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14568
    Sham61 said:
    Don't mind which as I love them both.
    Presumably, you are going to purchase the appropriate body for your project AFTER you have secured a neck.

The scale lengths are different. Consequently, the neck pockets and the upper bout outlines are also different. Bodies and necks are not freely interchangeable between the two models.

The only practical hybrid combination is Jazzmaster body/electronics/sounds with a Jaguar scale length. This requires a "scale converter" neck. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Sham61Sham61 Frets: 26
    Yes I have no body at the moment. I like both scale lengths and have been drooling over Rexter's Jazzmaster, and Jaguar creations for months. I have googled necks and there is not much around in the UK. So seeing what is available, if anything
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    It's amazing how many UK parts sites have Jag/JM bodies but not necks.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    The lack of necks is to do with how ridiculous Allparts UK are being. You’ll have to forward order a neck or scour around for a used one.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 911
    edited January 2019
    Aren't Jazzmaster necks pretty much the same as Strat necks? The CIJ one I had was extremely similar to my US Standard Strat neck. Just buy a strat neck.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    I have looked into large headstock strat necks but not a lot of them either.
  • Sham61 said:
    I have looked into large headstock strat necks but not a lot of them either.
    Try @GSPBASSES ;
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    A strat neck will fit a Jazzmaster. I think the early JM necks were strat necks before they enlarged the headstock shape. 

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited January 2019
    There is a subtle difference in Strat and Jazzmaster headstock design

The Strat is the smaller purple one apparently
    More info here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for the diagram. Guess it depends how authentic I want to be.
  • Sham61 said:
    Thanks for the diagram. Guess it depends how authentic I want to be.
    And what version of the many strat headstocks you compare it to ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry to hijack thread, but I'm also looking for a neck for a Jazzmaster project, and I believe strat necks will do the trick. Now the question is, would the larger strat headstock be the best option?
  • rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    Sorry to hijack thread, but I'm also looking for a neck for a Jazzmaster project, and I believe strat necks will do the trick. Now the question is, would the larger strat headstock be the best option?
    CBS headstock Strat necks look pretty good on a JM but if you're planning to cut one down to correct JM shape it's not quite possible.

The Guitarbuild necks are really nice and you can shape the headstock yourself. Good now that allparts ones are scarce. Bit pricier but they also don't need fret dress and all the other stuff allparts need.

Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk