Morningstar MC6 & HX Stomp How are you using them?

HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
Having just got a MC6 to go with my HX Stomp I'm overwhelmed and loving the various combinations & possibilities now at my fingertips. I'm intrigued at how others may be using them together?  Also, has anyone manage to access the tuner through the MC6? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Quick squizz at the HX Stomp manual suggests that MIDI CC 68 will get you the tuner. Usually a high value (64-127) is "on", a low one (0-63) is "off".

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• I've got mine set up so that the MC6 turn on/off any/all of the 6 blocks, and then I set the Stomp to Snapshot mode to give me the various combinations of what I need for clean/dirty/lead boost.

Even in snapshot mode, the MC6 can still turn on/off any of the blocks without affecting the saved parameters in each snapshot

• HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    Quick squizz at the HX Stomp manual suggests that MIDI CC 68 will get you the tuner. Usually a high value (64-127) is "on", a low one (0-63) is "off".
    Cheers for that, I'll give that a go I was off with the values

I've got mine set up so that the MC6 turn on/off any/all of the 6 blocks, and then I set the Stomp to Snapshot mode to give me the various combinations of what I need for clean/dirty/lead boost.

Even in snapshot mode, the MC6 can still turn on/off any of the blocks without affecting the saved parameters in each snapshot

That's brilliant! Thanks.
  • HoraceB said:
    Quick squizz at the HX Stomp manual suggests that MIDI CC 68 will get you the tuner. Usually a high value (64-127) is "on", a low one (0-63) is "off".

I've got mine set up so that the MC6 turn on/off any/all of the 6 blocks, and then I set the Stomp to Snapshot mode to give me the various combinations of what I need for clean/dirty/lead boost.

If you're gonna try and set it up like mine, hopefully the MC6 can turn on/off the tuner while in snapshot mode. Never thought about this as I have a separate tuner on my board
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6911
    HoraceB said:

If you're gonna try and set it up like mine, hopefully the MC6 can turn on/off the tuner while in snapshot mode. Never thought about this as I have a separate tuner on my board

You could setup a long press (or double tap) on the MC6 to do tuner and short press for another function.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 672
    edited January 2019
    mrkb said:
    HoraceB said:

You could setup a long press (or double tap) on the MC6 to do tuner and short press for another function.
    My concern was with the Stomp being in snapshot mode, as the tuner then isn’t available in this mode. So the MIDI signal from MC6 would effectively need to turn off snapshot mode and turn on the tuner, and then do the opposite to get back to snapshot mode
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

@smudge_lad - does the MC6 get feeback from the stomp when you change snapshot?

like, is there indication on the MC6 of what individual blocks are active?

• sgosden said:

@smudge_lad - does the MC6 get feeback from the stomp when you change snapshot?

like, is there indication on the MC6 of what individual blocks are active?

No - mine is only a Mk1 too, so I can't have the on screen message showing on/off anyway. All I can set up is blink for on/off. As far as I can recall, there's no indication.

I'll check after work tonight

• The answer is definitely no for the Mk1 at least. But you can still see which blocks are active on the Stomp while it’s in snapshot mode
  • @HoraceB - how are you getting on with the Morning Star mate ?

Let me know if you want to move it on at any point ;)
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    edited February 2019
    @HoraceB - how are you getting on with the Morning Star mate ?

Let me know if you want to move it on at any point
    The usual story..... Already sold I really liked it with the Stomp very easy to use especially with the software but I've  now left the "Stomp party" I ended up only using the Stomp for Delay, Reverb & Trem.  I also found it all a bit fiddly at gigs with the switches being so close together. So now replaced with a Timeline, Supro Trem and DD2 which for me do have a superior sound (I'm loving the DD2) and more authenticity also the Stomp could not really compete sound-wise with my Pog and Mini Vent. The Stomp although fantastic in many ways just made me realise how great some of the pedals I've had along the line are and I started missing them. As of writing, compared to the DD2 I'm wondering how long the Timeline will last!