SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1956/1957 Harmony H44 stratotone/Montgomery wards

What's Hot
Hi All
for sale Original 1956/57 (I think) Montgomery wards 8379 Stratotone. A rare version of the Harmony H44 Stratotone in original gold finish. Mark Ribot!!
I had been looking for this guitar for years being a big Ribot fan, as they don’t seem to come up that often in the U.K. Especially in this finish. Need to fund a new amp so unfortunately, as this is not getting used a lot at the mo it has to go.
The guitar has had a couple of mods to improve the action/playability, done by luthier John Shuker. It has had the tail piece screwed down and a couple of small screws next to the pickup so you can adjust the height slightly. It has also had a new nut made and saddle bone. The originals are in the case. 
The neck is pretty straight (it is a through body neck) and the action is now low and fast. 
The guitar looks and sounds as cool as! Comes with 2 cases, the original case, and I think original strings in packet, and I also bought an Airline h44 reissue tweed hard case that is more substantial to take it out in. Original Hershey bar pick up sounds great, massive and I mean massive bat neck. 
Looking for £1700 collected from Sheffield.
Photos to follow or email for them. 
Thanks
Tim

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments