Friedman Baby JJ amp coming!!

What's Hot
PablocrackersPablocrackers Frets: 181
edited January 2019 in Amps
Omg too many cool amps coming out gonna be hard to resist the gas!!!! Must be strong!!! https://www.facebook.com/356819001081724/posts/2018067431623531/

Dave friedman- “Simple clean, dirty channel with JBE switch.. load, mic no more circuit for direct. 20 wats.. voiced to sound exactly like the big guy..
https://imgur.com/a/NtylZ91
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    OMFG I'VE NOT CLICKED THE LINK BUT I WANT IT!!!!! 

I hope it's not ridiculous price:( 
  • The eagle has landed! Lol https://youtu.be/p_L6vqTAAvw better start saving! £££
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    edited January 2019
    Holy 0% finance batman!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    They're gonna sell out soooo fast. 
    Notice a mini Phil x head there Too? Maybe there's a mini butterslax hidden Too?
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Any news on whether it’s pcb or hand wired?

The front panel looks similar to a runt so hopefully it’s in that ballpark price wise! 
  • Retails at $1499 so that puts it inline with the other 20w hand wired heads

*checks price of kidneys on blackmarket ebay*

• EL84 or 6L6, anyone know? Sounds good either way!
  • Apparently el84, im not that keen on those but it does sound awesome
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Based on the feature set and look, I'd say this is most likely based on the bones of the Runt 20, so probably PCB.  If that matters to anyone.  Personally I'm not bothered by PCB as long as the tube sockets are chassis mount, which the Runts aren't.  A toasty valve, especially EL84s which tend to run hotter than most, mounted on a PCB is just a failure waiting to happen IMHO.
  • I don’t like EL84’s but this sounds fantastic 

with the DI "mic no more" does anyone know if its possible to turn of the built in impulse? so it can then be put through another IR loader?

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    Based on the feature set and look, I'd say this is most likely based on the bones of the Runt 20, so probably PCB.  If that matters to anyone.  Personally I'm not bothered by PCB as long as the tube sockets are chassis mount, which the Runts aren't.  A toasty valve, especially EL84s which tend to run hotter than most, mounted on a PCB is just a failure waiting to happen IMHO.
    We see very few problems due to PCB mounted EL84, the main culprit being the Fender Blues Junior which is due to fault in the PCB layout (which is easily corrected).

Bear in mind we got through 100 - 150 EL84s in a typical year, so we have a significant sample size.
  • jpfamps said:
    Based on the feature set and look, I'd say this is most likely based on the bones of the Runt 20, so probably PCB.  If that matters to anyone.  Personally I'm not bothered by PCB as long as the tube sockets are chassis mount, which the Runts aren't.  A toasty valve, especially EL84s which tend to run hotter than most, mounted on a PCB is just a failure waiting to happen IMHO.
    We see very few problems due to PCB mounted EL84, the main culprit being the Fender Blues Junior which is due to fault in the PCB layout (which is easily corrected).

Bear in mind we got through 100 - 150 EL84s in a typical year, so we have a significant sample size.
    As long as the tube sockets are heat resistant - I've got a Laney LC15 they used plastic ones in with fairly obvious results - I do need to get around to swapping in replacements as well :)