Paul Gilbert's 30th Anniversary Ibanez PGM333

What's Hot
TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
Forget all the new Fender guitars - What do y'all think of Paul's new axe?

I think it looks pretty cool, but I'll always prefer black/chrome/steel hardware over gold. Still, a minor gripe... It's definitely an interesting one, anyway.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I saw this ... I'm a huge Paul Gilbert and PGM fan. It's the first time in ages they've done a proper PGM. I'm tempted ...

Wonder what the street price will look like (rather than the MAP)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    I saw this ... I'm a huge Paul Gilbert and PGM fan. It's the first time in ages they've done a proper PGM. I'm tempted ...

Yeah I remember being enamored with the PGM as a teenager, but in my later years, when I could actually afford one, they were no longer in production.
  • Tenebrous said:
    I saw this ... I'm a huge Paul Gilbert and PGM fan. It's the first time in ages they've done a proper PGM. I'm tempted ...

Yeah I remember being enamored with the PGM as a teenager, but in my later years, when I could actually afford one, they were no longer in production.
    Ha! Exactly my predicament. They've only done the cheaper ones, while they're alright, I want the full "high-end" Ibanez fixed bridge experience. 

• The backplate looks a bit suspicious... 

Musiciansfriend has it $2600. 

I really like the configuration, Mahogany superstrat with 3 Mini HB's. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Backplate could be a P for Paul =)
  • Always loved the PGM with the hard tail, two pickups and controls hidden by the fake f-holes.
    Couldn’t afford one when they were around and not many come up 2nd hand (when they do have been quite pricey of late).
    I figure I should leave them as ‘one that got away’ as the skinny Ibanez necks don’t really suit me anymore.

I should get one of the mikro jobs as a couch/stunt guitar. 
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I love this, I really do! Mega thumbs up
  • Lordy, he makes that 12th - 19th fret stretch look easy as pie at around 1'22"!!

Damn my normal human hands!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    It’s ace. He seems like such a nice chap as well, I’d almost buy it for that fact alone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Love me some Pablo Gilberto.... I still think if they made the Sake fireman model it would sell like hot sake! Looking forward to his new album....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Love me some Pablo Gilberto.... I still think if they made the Sake fireman model it would sell like hot sake! Looking forward to his new album....
    New album is out, but not on any streaming services. Saw him play late last year, new album stuff sounds fantastic. 
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Love Racer X and this is a cool looking instrument but the fake f-hole seem weird to me.