Telecaster build: jack question

What's Hot
Presuming there isn’t a input jack that goes outside the body on a tele? Hole on my body is only big enough to get a few wires through. Don’t want to miss a trick before getting the drill out!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    There are several styles of jack you can use which require different-sized holes, so the builder has probably intentionally left it up to the end user.

The best is a Les Paul style or 'football shape' (depending on the curvature of the body there) metal plate with a standard open-frame Switchcraft jack. The Electrosocket 'upgraded vintage style' is also good, but the original Fender lash-up and any kind of barrel jack are best avoided.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks @ICBM I’ll have a google for these then as I only have barrel jack and it doesn’t look friendly.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    The problem with them is that they’re unreliable and can’t be re-tensioned or even easily cleaned, so your only option is to replace.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I have the indent hole on side of body for barrel, I was talking about between cavity and hole before, so looks like electrosocket to finish this off.