SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb: Fender CS Nocaster Blonde Fat U Neck - lightish relic

What's Hot
pearlwhite67pearlwhite67 Frets: 12
edited February 2019 in Guitars £
Looking for a custom shop nocaster with a fat nocaster neck.

Prefer to come and look and not post etc,  
south manchester area would be perfect.    Im also in welwyn garden city on a regular basis.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• koss59koss59 Frets: 848
    PM sent
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • hairmetalhairmetal Frets: 319
  • Yes. I saw that thanks.

they do seem to turn up as the shops quite often.   Looks like 1700-2200 is the ball park for shop offered examples.  The one below was nice to but sadly sold already.

https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/fender_custom_shop_51_heavy_relic_nocaster_blonde_2nd_hand-yfender_custom_shop41978/
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2805
    Not sure what this is as Jamie is a bit scant on the info but might be worth a message?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/fender-custom-shop-telecaster-mint-condition/1326922375

• hairmetalhairmetal Frets: 319
    Yes. I saw that thanks.

they do seem to turn up as the shops quite often.   Looks like 1700-2200 is the ball park for shop offered examples.  The one below was nice to but sadly sold already.

https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/fender_custom_shop_51_heavy_relic_nocaster_blonde_2nd_hand-yfender_custom_shop41978/
    Be careful with Rich Tone' s website, they often show things that sold years and years ago so the prices can be misleading.

I play Fat-neck Nocasters and have a rare 2-tone sunburst that I'm 'considering' selling (but not quite ready to let go yet). I think those ££ numbers are optimistic though and any at that price, I'd snap up (apart from the 'not really Nocasters').  
    Fender decided to to do a few runs of Nocasters without even the slightest nod to the originals so you find plenty advertised with slim 60's neck profiles and Texas Specials.
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I play Fat-neck Nocasters and have a rare 2-tone sunburst that I'm 'considering' selling (but not quite ready to let go yet). I think those ££ numbers are optimistic though and any at that price, I'd snap up (apart from the 'not really Nocasters').  
    Fender decided to to do a few runs of Nocasters without even the slightest nod to the originals so you find plenty advertised with slim 60's neck profiles and Texas Specials.
    Were they only made in certain years?
  • I do think nocasters are out there for that money.  even the sunburst.    

https://worldguitars.co.uk/shop/fender-custom-shop-2008-51-nocaster-relic-sunburst-r7954/

i think i prefer the blonde though.   although this one is nice and with the correct U neck.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22982
    I do think nocasters are out there for that money.  even the sunburst.    

https://worldguitars.co.uk/shop/fender-custom-shop-2008-51-nocaster-relic-sunburst-r7954/

i think i prefer the blonde though.   although this one is nice and with the correct U neck.

I think that's mine!  They had a red one at the same time, I assumed they'd both come from the same bloke.
  • nice score!  great price too.
  • If I found a proper CS Nocaster in a shop for £1700 I'd snap it up even though I already have one. As @hairmetal said above, many "sold" prices hang around on the internet for years and simply don't reflect current values. No idea what price Coda had theirs up for earlier this week, but I'd imagine they'd have priced it at a realistic level for the market today as it's already sold. 
  • a shade over 2 grand at coda.  2199 if i remember.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9338
    It’s worth remembering just how much cs guitars have gone up in price. My first nocaster from Peach (which I stupidly traded) was £2100. That was around 2014. The same guitar is probably £3,500 today. That makes around £2,200 for a used recent model a pretty decent buy. You might pick up an older model on eBay, but in my view, the custom shop have gone up a league in quality in recent years and you’d do better paying more for a recent model
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Would a Nash relic 52 style be of interest? The neck on mine is a bit chunky for me.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • Sorry.  Ive got my mind set on a Nocaster..
  • Would you fancy a black guard on black early 50's dealer select tele ? Josafina pickups. Light relic.