SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Gotoh aluminium tailpiece, Oil City humbucker

What's Hot
xscaramangaxscaramanga Frets: 436
edited February 2019 in Parts £
For sale: One Oil City Transonic, bridge position, short leg, trem spaced (52mm). It's an early one, because it's branded Ash Scott-Lockyer rather than Oil City (initially the Oil City Masterwound pickups were marketed under the ASL brand).

I bought it to see if I like the Transonic, and I really, really do, so much so that I've just bought one in a different colour to suit my guitar (see my other thread). I love the hot pink too, but I don't have a guitar that would suit it, so this is for sale.

It's a really awesome, fat sounding, high output pickup that adds a tremendous weight to lead lines. 

If you want a recommendation, check out @ThorpyFX's review of his:
ThorpyFX said: Ash @TheGuitarWeasel has just started to release the OIL CITY Masterwound series, I have to say INCREDIBLE!! This is a handwound Transonic in opaque red and sounds like all sorts of mayhem in an eighties metal/rock way!! I put it into this yamaha that I'm using as the customer guitar at the guitarshow in February, and so if you pop to the stand you'll be able to try it for yourself.
It makes the GUNSHOT sing like a bitch in humbucker mode, however when tapped its extra output makes the single coil sound like a proper singlecoil should, not a weedy variant. mixing the tapped sound with the p90 in the neck makes this guitar extremely versatile indeed and allows you to get some great bluesy sounds too. all in all a real treat to the ears!!

It's in excellent condition, and still has tons of wire left on it (I haven't measured but looks like more than 30 cm). The previous owner drilled out the feet for direct mounting to a body, so to put it in a pickup ring I got my tech to attach some new feet to the baseplate. He's done a tidy job and it looks like the feet are just soldered on so if you want to direct mount it you could just desolder the new feet (if this is important to anyone I'll double check with him that this is the case). You can see the new feet in the second picture.

Looking for £60 delivered.

Also Gotoh aluminium stop tailpiece. SOLD

Fits a Gibson Les Paul (I had it on one which I have now sold). I bought an aluminium tailpiece on the advice of Tim Mills, who reckons they make Les Pauls sound better. I know Feline Guitars also fit aluminium tailpieces for the same reason. 

There's a chip in the finish above the exit hole for the high E string. I've photographed it in a way to make it super obvious, but I don't think it is that noticeable in person—I didn't notice it until I took pictures.

Tailpiece only, no studs (it fitted on my Gibson studs). 

£16 delivered. SOLD.

My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14560
    What is the E-to-E polepiece spacing, please?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • What is the E-to-E polepiece spacing, please?
    52mm.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • Any movement on price at all? :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Added Gotoh aluminium tailpiece.

Strangefan PM'ed. I am entertaining offers on the Transonic.
  • Interested in the tailpiece assuming it'll fit my guitar. What is the centre to centre measurement for the studs? And for what diameter studs please? Much appreciated

• Sorry if that's a stupid question. I've measured my guitar and I need 82 mm centre to centre not 82.55 mm (3.25")
  • Friend came round with a micrometer today and we measured it at 82mm. 
  • Gotoh sold, Oil City still available.