Chapman Rabea Massad ML3, anyone played one ( or any other Chapmans?)?

What's Hot
Chapman guitars have caught my eye lately and seem to be very well received (despite their divisive creator).

The Rabea ML3 in particular seems like an interesting instrument. Has anyone played one? Or any other Chapmans?

I know they're ''modern' but how are they in terms of cleans and tone in general?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Despite their ‘divisive creator’ ?!

LOL 

Here’s a little tip. Go to a shop which sells ‘divisive’ Chapman guitars and see if it fits in with your ‘sound’  B)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

LOL 

Here’s a little tip. Go to a shop which sells ‘divisive’ Chapman guitars and see if it fits in with your ‘sound’  B)
    Here's another little tip. If you've nothing useful to contirbute to a discussion, why not save yourself some time and not post.....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 20reaction image Wisdom

LOL 

Here's another little tip. If you've nothing useful to contirbute to a discussion, why not save yourself some time and not post.....
    Don’t be so ‘diverse’ then noob  =)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Orrible tings
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Worth posting on the sevenstring.org forums - many more Chapman owners over there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Despite their ‘divisive creator’ ?!

LOL 

Well said!

Ironically though I don't have any Chapman experience to share...

I do have several guitars made in the same factory though and the build quality is very good.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    Snags said:
    Thanks.  I have tried a couple of Chapmans.

Last years new models are bluddy good, as good as if not slightly better than most in their bracket in the case of the Indonesian ones. The Cort factory they are built in seems superb.

The Korean ones bear comparison to a PRS SE but they are in a very competitive bracket.

I suspect I will buy one at some point.  They have a very functional modern vibe to them.

Word of warning, there was a second hand one in there that weighed more than some of the staff.  Weight seems to have been an issue with older models.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    Tone wise, the ML1 standard traditional I played most sounded very full and quite modern, probably nicer than my old Mexi strat sounds.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • I've had a few - original run CAP10, Ghost fret and a ML2 - they were all fine and only got ousted when guitars of better quality came along. Though as @darth1981 noted the older ones, the ML2 in my case, were quite heavy.

On those with stock (non Seymour Duncan) pickups they were pretty generic, I think they are now meant to be better, either way it's nothing a quick swap out would not sort :)
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Played them lots, really like them, really rate them. Other guitarist in my band has an ml3 and an ml3rc, both are superb guitars. 

Try them and see if it's for you.