Sound of plucked guitar String(Mex Strat)

What's Hot
GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
I've just noticed something which could be odd or normal,i have a Mex Strat Deluxe which i have always felt sounded a bit "dead" acoustically(i.e.without the Amp).
So if I hit a string with a downstroke it sounds normal "metallic" sounding,but with an upstroke the string sounds dead/soft & this affect increases the higher up the neck I try it with the "B" string being the most pronounced,i'm not at home at the moment so I can't try it on my main Guitar,just thought i'd ask the question,it doesn't sound right to me,but I am wrong quite a lot.=)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    Play it in front of someone else who is experienced with guitars and see what they think.
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Sounds like just the effect of the angle of the pick to me... angle your pick the opposite way and see if it's now "dead" on the downstroke instead.
  • GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
    Ok,thanks guys,I will try the pick suggestion when I get Home.
    Upon reading the reply from monoamine,i've realised I should maybe have worded my post differently,but I have had a little laugh at myself.
    I'm not sure who I know that has more experience than me,i'm 73 & have been continually playing/gigging since I was 14.
    Of course that doesn't mean i'm any good but I am very experienced(sort of). :# 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom